What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Portable Pressure Washer for Hangar

tx_jayhawk

Well Known Member
I don't have water access at the hangar, and I would like to buy a 100 or 200 gallon water tank and rig it to my gas powered pressure washer (Lowes variety) to clean the hangar floor and possibly the airplane at times.

I think I need to pressurize the water more than the gravity pressure, and I've heard others suggest a 12V pump.

I'm curious if anyone on the list has built one of these that works well that has any suggestions?

Thanks,
Scott

do a little test but i am quite sure you will not need any head pressure for the pressure cleaner. turboeddie is not new to pressure cleaning. clean on. :)

Gravity feed will work fine if you have even a half decent pressure washer. If it doesn't, a pump for an RV (the other RV) will work great for feeding the water uphill if needbe.

I load up my garbage can in the back of the truck, drive to the FBO's outside water spigot and fill it up. The couple feet of head pressure from sitting in the truck bed works fine. Sometimes I have to make two trips, but usually only one. -Jim

Any recommendations for fittings at the bottom of the barrel? I assume you made it a hose fitting to then connect to the pressure washer?

Back