What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New builder says Hello

pilot4life

I'm New Here
Hi all,

I would like to take the opportunity to introduce myself. I live in Monroe, NC which is just a few miles SE of Charlotte. I have been interested in building my own RV-7 for years but like many, other responsibilities prevailed.

I have read these forums from time to time over the years in order to get a better understanding of what it takes to be successful in building the project. It may be possible to build without support from other builders but I do not know why anyone would want to. A large part of the appeal of this forum for me, is meeting other builders and learning from them as much as I can. Also, the friendships I see developed on the site, fly-in?s and other events are inspiring.

Prior to the New Year, I began organizing the shop, gathering tools, practice kits, and ordered the empennage for the RV-7. Now that I'm just getting started I'm sure I will have questions along the way and I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Regards,

Steve

Welcome to VAF!

Steve,
welcome.gif
aboard the good ship VAF.

Welcome! Make sure to join chapter 309 there in Charlotte. There are a lot of good people in that chapter!

Welcome Steve,
This is a great group one I am proud to be associated with. A lot of experience on this board whether building or flying in General.

Again welcome
Jack

Welcome Steve.

I have a -7 standard build about half way through (Finishing kit delivers next week) at the Burlington NC airport (KBUY) so if you are ever up this way I am happy to have you take a look and share what I have learned along the way.

Hi Steve,
Any chance you can reverse the decision or it's too late? And why the 7? There is a perfect model 9 eh? It could do more then my buddy's RV8 :D
Welcome! Enjoy the building process it's a fun off road ride. Judging from you call sign you shouldn't worry about parts cost. The real money will be spent after 1st flight. Oh, one more thing - paint it before airworthiness inspection. :D

Guys, I appreciate all the kind words.

Bill R., I know many of the members of chapter 309 as I was active there for about a year. You would probably remember me as my wife and I used to help with the young Eagles events. I intend to get reacquainted with 309 as well as meet some folk at the Rock Hill chapter.

VLAD, No deep pockets here. This will be one of those pay I as I go deals. As far as -7, my wife insist on side by side seating and I would like to do a few aerobatics. She says not with her in the plane though.

Bill V., I would like to visit with you sometime and see your project. The company I work for has locations in your area. Maybe next time I'm up that way We could meet up.

Welcome

Welcome Steve. You're in for a treat with the build. Ask as many questions as you need. LOTS of experience here - saved my butt countless times!

fly-in to meet new friends

Steve,

You might be interested in attending the fly-in next Saturday at KSOP. The organizer is a perspective builder who would like to see as many different RVs to help him decide which model he wants to build. I hanger my -7 at VKX but plan to make the trip just to meet new RV friends, and to learn. Search KSOP Fly-in in VAF for details.

Thanks for the KSOP suggestion. It sounds like a great opportunity to meet you and some other builders. I plan to be there.

Back