What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

inboard fuel tank rib proseal technique

Which one did you use?

• Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doesn't matter, either way is fine

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fehdxl

Well Known Member
Which technique did you use?

The 'full lather'?

Or the 'a little dab will do'?

Best,

Jim

Last edited:
Tom,

It's the same stuff but from Seal-Pak in Wichita. The nice thing about their's is they have their 'A' style which is consistency of honey, the 'B' is the normal, consistency of peanut butter.

Never used the flame master brand, but I'm sure someone will chin in if it's supposed to be grey or black. Mixed 10:1 by weight, right?

Best,

Jim

I voted incorrectly on the poll. Looking closer at your photos I am somewhere in between what you did here.

I covered the rivets, and made sure that there was a fairly thick fillet seal but did not slather it on the solid portion of the fittings.

This reminds me of Tim Olson's discussion on his build log for what to do on the shop heads of the fuel tanks. He slathers on a seal across the rivets as well as the solid portion with the theory that it would be less likely for the whole thing to come off rather than the small dots over each head. For now I am sticking with just covering the rivets.

My Flamemaster B in pre measured tubes comes out more on the dark grey side as well.

Back