What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Alum Angle in wing kit (RV-7)

Arie

Well Known Member
Good day RV friends
Could someone tell me in more detail what the alum angle that shipped with the wing kit is for.

3/4 inch angle 1/8 inch thick and just over 15 feet long ( x2) ...I figured this is for the longerons

3/4 inch angle 1/8 inch thick and almost 10 feet long (x2) .... What is this for?

3/4 inch angle 0.063 inch thick and 12 feet long (x2) ....Also ,what is this for?

I can only assume that it is for brackets and stiffners for use in the fuselage kit, but chopping up a long piece of angle to make a stiffner or bracket off a long piece of angle doesn't give me a warm feeling ,for fear that the left over piece is now too short to make something that maybe needs a longer piece .

Kind regards
Arie

Last edited:
Longerons. Don't chop them up!

Edit: Only the long ones are the longerons, the others are used to fabricate parts.

Last edited:
The 10 ft piece will be used for the sides of the seat backs. The 063 stuff will be used for the seat backs and a bunch of other stuff. Chop'em up as required. ;-)

I had to wear my dumba$$ hat for a week when I called Van's to say I was short of angle for the fuselage, only to be reminded that it was shipped with the wings. I remembered the longerons but forgot the others.

Back