What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The P word...

Gregg Brightwell

Well Known Member
I am posting this in general discussion to capture a larger audience.
I know the mere mention of the word PRIMER ignites feuds and chaos.....but here goes.

I had been using a 2 part epoxy Valspar primer for years. I haven't used it in about 18 months, and when I went to use it last night, it was ruined.

I like the duplicolor rattle can for small stuff, but wanted to use the epoxy for the wink skins. (interior)

Dare I ask, but for those of you using epoxy primer (recently purchased), what kind are you using, and can you get white? The stuff I have looked at is crazy/stupid expensive, and yellow or green.

Let the flaming begin.

Gregg

Nobel Akzo 463-12-8 w CA-116

You can get it from Graco there in Wichita just north of Dead Cow International airport (316) 943-4200.

Not necessarily the cheapest, but cheaper than at ACS w shipping. And you can stop by the Yard on the drive over. Or fly over and borrow Earl's car--been there, done that. :)

Fly safe,

Jim

White epoxy primers

I have used Stits/Poly-Fiber white epoxy primer. It's a bright white. Randolph Epibond is listed as being off-white in color. They are both distributed through Consolidated Aircraft Coatings in Riverside, CA and available through the usual aircraft parts outlets.

SPI

Check out Southernpolyurethanes.com. Best there is.....epoxy in white grey and black. Their epoxy is a two part but not designed as a "fill" primer. They have that for you also. Trust me!

Back