What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Request full elec schematic EFII BUS mngr

JoopSJ

Well Known Member
Anyone with the following setup that is willing to share their full electrical schematic with me?

EFII bus manager
Two batt
Pri and Stby alternator B&C ext regul
b&C volt regulators
G3X

Thank you

Hi Joop,

So what information are you looking for? I?m installing the bus manager in my build and for the most part I?m just following the instructions that came with it. There?s a jumper wire inside the unit that needs to be removed...or left in place...depending on if you?re using one (or two) alternators...(I don?t remember which way right off hand).

I?m using two batteries, (one lead acid/one lithium), but only the lead acid one will be used for starting; the lithium is just there for backup power...(I?m only running one alternator so I want a big healthy backup battery in place in the event I loose alternator power).

The main things I like about the bus manager is that it simplifies essential and main bus wiring, it senses low fuel rail pressure and automatically activates the backup fuel pump, and it allows you to mix and match lead acid and lithium battery in your charging system...(which is usually a no no).

Hi Mark,
Indeed, bus manager simplyfies the wiring and the schematics provided are very clear.
The only thing is that I want to make sure the part ?LEFT? of the bus manager (ALT, SHUNT, ANL, BATT) is wired correctly.
I think even while that is straight forward, I just want to compare my setup to check that I didn?t miss anything.
Eventually I will send my final plan to Robert for verification.

I wish that I could be more help with giving you tips or helping you confirm proper installation of your wiring, but my setup will be a little bit different from yours. I?m actually incorporating the new Primary Power System (PPS) from Vertical Power. The functions that you get out of a standard setup using a SHUNT, ANL, etc., are built into the PPS, so like the bus manager, it?s simplifying my wiring. I?m sure Robert will be able to confirm that you have everything wired correctly.

automatic pump switching

Just be aware of single points of failure.

EVTb0OmuvaUTB4x8GfrVJqADmsp2VfPwOgnBqR9oP4YfnWw4Wo0PK8KYKOIkxuK3UuRK3RknK0ku0YEuvQXlmaw2z95bfXLKdVgvUPZz1NC7fKxb5ad_C_aVhBRozzISQe0MKbjYYcDWPLpY2b1f7bAWEqDJOoz8qJ1jUrTOQ6Hf20WlkmwFEx3LZaGNgxqnaWoeQcNNY3Rx1RbKM1tZHxWYKhq-A12s1PpRTVMkq45xNlgKDraEIo8sB4bD-BdbTahtbJLN2aCacsrivWVpfFTyLn63rOk8UCYPkkIq56FabUoR_qeWgBTgCxfppvbZD47xEXtGAARFLOvPRAPmDmuyYR7wG_FD6_G6ODlrIsLAC__Cina-PVshzzcLGdsVIDoxDaV_w-Zc6sKowcStNxSLkabryXQpz3NIVl10vRHLcG7jeseREP-oz2hVmRwbQVz4CpVv4dCdCIvti6YyNOWtj11Nl-TJlJLVqpaMqy4Im4i-wTJ0L9n2TYJ40rHPiRqzvRCEG-sqlB-0w6Ppzhh30sWrpc1E3Urgv09ErVXHgwgh-8YWO6sMjFy6kXrQwnWeOUZcDQupB87CjRM7eBdvtSYUbP1-jc-BnFN81bn75PG5-9bcLmUYuTEeStnuysAfUYZxkuW-aHhX1FLSNvOw8IZLGdcvbYxT-OeBqPdU4K6LJMIuTrD2Tmc8T_4UFaeBYX13XSO5eLjcYBr_v6_Q3bhlVFiRfWeFdV6IPMrPqAQ=w900-no

Some food for thought here, this issue starts at post #56.

Just be aware of single points of failure.

EVTb0OmuvaUTB4x8GfrVJqADmsp2VfPwOgnBqR9oP4YfnWw4Wo0PK8KYKOIkxuK3UuRK3RknK0ku0YEuvQXlmaw2z95bfXLKdVgvUPZz1NC7fKxb5ad_C_aVhBRozzISQe0MKbjYYcDWPLpY2b1f7bAWEqDJOoz8qJ1jUrTOQ6Hf20WlkmwFEx3LZaGNgxqnaWoeQcNNY3Rx1RbKM1tZHxWYKhq-A12s1PpRTVMkq45xNlgKDraEIo8sB4bD-BdbTahtbJLN2aCacsrivWVpfFTyLn63rOk8UCYPkkIq56FabUoR_qeWgBTgCxfppvbZD47xEXtGAARFLOvPRAPmDmuyYR7wG_FD6_G6ODlrIsLAC__Cina-PVshzzcLGdsVIDoxDaV_w-Zc6sKowcStNxSLkabryXQpz3NIVl10vRHLcG7jeseREP-oz2hVmRwbQVz4CpVv4dCdCIvti6YyNOWtj11Nl-TJlJLVqpaMqy4Im4i-wTJ0L9n2TYJ40rHPiRqzvRCEG-sqlB-0w6Ppzhh30sWrpc1E3Urgv09ErVXHgwgh-8YWO6sMjFy6kXrQwnWeOUZcDQupB87CjRM7eBdvtSYUbP1-jc-BnFN81bn75PG5-9bcLmUYuTEeStnuysAfUYZxkuW-aHhX1FLSNvOw8IZLGdcvbYxT-OeBqPdU4K6LJMIuTrD2Tmc8T_4UFaeBYX13XSO5eLjcYBr_v6_Q3bhlVFiRfWeFdV6IPMrPqAQ=w900-no

Some food for thought here, this issue starts at post #56.

Yes, I commented on this thread. For the reason you?re pointing out I?m installing duel relays running in parallel with each other. Each fuel pump will have it?s own relay but will also be able to be powered by the opposite relay. Each fuel pump will also be powered by its own separate circuit breaker.

@Mark. Could you show me how you wired the second relay? I think that?s a good improvement.

@Jhon, yes I read that thread and your input. I also received a PM from another member pointing me to the same issue. I will receive his settup later.
Does the second relay as indicated by Mark take away your doubts and make the setup acceptable for you.

Hi Joop,

So what information are you looking for? I?m installing the bus manager in my build and for the most part I?m just following the instructions that came with it. There?s a jumper wire inside the unit that needs to be removed...or left in place...depending on if you?re using one (or two) alternators...(I don?t remember which way right off hand).

I?m using two batteries, (one lead acid/one lithium), but only the lead acid one will be used for starting; the lithium is just there for backup power...(I?m only running one alternator so I want a big healthy backup battery in place in the event I loose alternator power).

The main things I like about the bus manager is that it simplifies essential and main bus wiring, it senses low fuel rail pressure and automatically activates the backup fuel pump, and it allows you to mix and match lead acid and lithium battery in your charging system...(which is usually a no no).

Which lithium battery are you using as a backup battery?

Yes, I commented on this thread. For the reason you?re pointing out I?m installing duel relays running in parallel with each other. Each fuel pump will have it?s own relay but will also be able to be powered by the opposite relay. Each fuel pump will also be powered by its own separate circuit breaker.

Don't forget that a scheme like this will also require switches to activate each pump. You will need a method to test that the b/u pump is operational at Run up. I would also be concerned that BOTH pumps are run through one common relay. If that relay fails, you stop moving air unless there is a backup power route to the pumps. As shown in the pic, I would be concerned with that design. In theory, a failed relay should still make the NC connection, but you are banking a lot on that fact.

Last edited:
Back