What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AME in Houston area?

huzilulu

Hi Guys

I am looking for a recommendation for an AME in the Houston area - I need to get my 3rd class medical to finish my PPL... I have a medical concern, so I would like to (hopefully) meet a Dr who would be willing to first give me a 'consultation' before scheduling the exam? Is that possible?

I highly recommend you get in contact with the UTMB Aerospace Medicine Center in Galveston. Their phone number is 409-747-9176. Their website is https://www.utmbhealth.com/services/aerospace-medicine

They have doctors on staff who are very experienced in working with the FAA Medical Branch, and are experts in navigating the route to obtaining a Special Issuance medical. They were extremely helpful when I was struggling to obtain a Special Issuance and had been trying to work the system with the FAA on my own for about 8 months. After getting them involved, I had my 3rd class within just a couple of weeks. Well worth the drive down to Galveston!

Best of luck

I too had a great experience working with the UTMB Aerospace folks. They really know the system inside & out, and offer plenty of counseling prior to the actual exam, so you really know what to expect. In my case, they obtained a verbal authorization from OKC to proceed with the special issuance, so I got it in 3 days instead of three months! Highly recommended.

Back