What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Riveting help in the Triad!

Carlpretzel

Patron
Help! I'm almost done with the RV-14 empennage. I have about 40 rivets on the top skins that I just can't get myself. My wife has not been much help. Tungsten bucking bars just don't suite her. Any suggestions on finishing this area solo or if anyone in the triad area with riveting experience wouldn't mind helping me out for some beer:)

Have you contacted your local EAA chapter? I know there are a lot of great guys and RV builders/fliers in your area that would be more than willing to help.

Carl,
You could probably ask that guy you work with that has an RV-4 that goes by FIXNFLYGUY on here..just sayin!

Beer cheap

Carl,you mentioned beer..which always negates any other need for compensation. Of course, rivets first, then beer.

I live in Greensboro and am building a -7 in Burlington. I am happy to help if we can work out a time. I am retired so pretty flexible.

Bill Vinson

Guys. I'm happy to say that my neighbor helped me out last night!!! The Empennage main parts are finally complete!!

Fixnflyguy, you're always welcome here. We got (CA local craft) beer and a fabbo Italian restaurant just down the street. I got a couple of top skins that need some love! A bit of a long flight, tho. We do have a very nice airport just 2nm north, KHAF...

... just sayin!

Half Moon

Thanks for the invite Bill..loading up some bucking bars and heading that way (I wish!) I have been to Half Moon Bay, and the infamous Moss Beach Distillery , but not with the RV-4. I hope one day to make that trip, but you will probably be done by then. Lots of beautiful country to see ! Meanwhile I will continue picking on Carlpretzel to get his -14 done, as we work at the same day job.

Back