What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Houston Area RV Builders and Flyers Month Lunch

dsyvert2

Well Known Member
Group,

I have not seen any announcement, so I thought I would put something out there. Let's meet this Saturday at Weiser for some BBQ (Carl's BBQ) and stories about OSH. Also, I heard there was a new RV-10 in Houston so I'm sure people will want to know about that.

Dave Syvertson

Not trying to ignore you guys, but my current schedule doesn't allow much building during the week, so I've got to really stay at it on Saturdays and Sundays. Firewall forward should be finished by this coming weekend, and should move to the hangar in a month or two!

William build on so you can fly that thing to the builders lunches!!!

You are close now.

Hi William,
It's good to see you're making progress. Which airport will you be moving it to? I remember you being located at La Porte a few years ago. Is there a restaurant close by? The group needs to fly over and take a look and have lunch somewhere.

Hi William,
It's good to see you're making progress. Which airport will you be moving it to? I remember you being located at La Porte a few years ago. Is there a restaurant close by? The group needs to fly over and take a look and have lunch somewhere.

I now have hangar DF at Ellington. Unfortunately not much in the way of food choices, but I am right across the way from the Collings Foundations jets, so that's pretty fun.

....but I am right across the way from the Collings Foundations jets, so that's pretty fun.

Ah, so you're in tight with the Collings guys. Awesome. Now, can you hook us up with a ride in the F-4? F-100 perhaps? Heck, I'm not picky, even the old T-33 will do just fine... :D

Group,

I have not seen any announcement, so I thought I would put something out there. Let's meet this Saturday at Weiser for some BBQ (Carl's BBQ) and stories about OSH. Also, I heard there was a new RV-10 in Houston so I'm sure people will want to know about that.

Dave Syvertson

Hello all... I may be the guy behind the rumor of a new RV-10 in Houston. So, it is not a rumor. N662G is a brand-new-to-me RV-10 and I could't be happier!

Many thanks to fellow RV-10 owners Gaylon Koenning and Nick Nafsinger who helped get this deal across the finish line. Gaylon patiently showed me his -10 several times and answered many, many questions. Nick ferried my new bird from Virginia to Houston this week. In addition he has given me some transition training this week. I'm not ready for Weiser yet-- I need a few more landings at Pearland. Enjoy the BBQ and we'll meet another weekend.

Ah, so you're in tight with the Collings guys. Awesome. Now, can you hook us up with a ride in the F-4? F-100 perhaps? Heck, I'm not picky, even the old T-33 will do just fine... :D

Absolutely, just bring a big old bag of money. Last I heard, a hop in the F-4 was $12,500.

Back