What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Todd Silver involved in plane crash

Hits home

For those us us with one of Todds products it touches a bit closer to home.

Recents posts on canard aviators and fb report he has passed away.
It appears his mother, son and daughter were aboard the Mooney with one survivor.
Very sad day
Tim Andres

Todd

Very sad indeed.
I did not know Todd or have one of his canopies but I have read articles by and about Todd and his great work on custom canopy making.
It seems he was living the dream, building airplanes parts for a living and flying airplanes and having a family.
Very sure he will be missed!!
Blue Skies Todd, RIP.

terrible

Thats just a horrible story. To take out three generations...cant imagine.

Thoughts with the family. Wow, that is just a crappy story. :(

I can't say I knew him well, but I talked with him several times. Very helpful honest dealing man. His spirit will be missed and canopies will be hard to reproduce. Sad day indeed.

Good Guy Todd

Obviously, Todd is, and now was, one of our ?good guys.? This is terrible news. I?m so sorry for his immediate family, and I?m also sorry for us, his extended VAF family. We have relatively few Todds out there supporting us in our experimental building and flying aspirations. He will be sorely missed in many ways.

When I purchased my canopy from Todd, he was very understanding and very helpful. He provided me with a very nice canopy. On some level, I will think of Todd every time I look through the canopy; to the clouds.

I just heard the service will be Thursday evening in Collegedale Ten.
I will fly down from KLEX. Maybe we could get a bunch to fly in.
Nordo

Back