What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SB-00013: Inspection of RV-12iS Exhaust Tubes

greghughespdx

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Van's has published SB-00013, which describes the steps to inspect the #1 and #2 exhaust tubes on RV-12iS aircraft for potential cracking. Procedures for continued inspection and replacement of parts are included.

https://www.vansaircraft.com/service-information-and-revisions/sb-00013/

We have an initial inventory of the exhaust tube parts in stock for aircraft owners who inspect and determine they need them. Details related to the inspection and parts are in the service bulletin document.

Cost

Hi Greg,

How much will the new exhaust tubes cost? Is there any warranty on the original ones?

Also, how much is the carbon monoxide detector through Van's.

I couldn't find either of these items in the Van's store.

Thanks,

Patrick

Hi Greg,

How much will the new exhaust tubes cost? Is there any warranty on the original ones?

Also, how much is the carbon monoxide detector through Van's.

I couldn't find either of these items in the Van's store.

Thanks,

Patrick

The exhaust tubes part number (SB-00013) will be searchable on the web store shortly - we are just waiting for the "push" to happen. Price is $325 for the set of two tubes (not that this is the service bulletin cost, reduced from the standard parts price substantially).

The Aithre CO detector kits are already searchable by part number on the store (use the search function on the store home page; if you search for "12IS CO" they will both show up), and the applicable part numbers are listed in SL-00010, which covers their installation). The kits are $405 and $410 depending on which you need. We will also add them to the store's service bulletin kit web pages later today/this evening.

Sidebar: I - along with many of you - can't wait for our new web store. :)

Last edited:
Today we updated SB-00013 to Rev 1. This minor revision includes improved/enhanced installation/assembly instructions.

Back