What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sikaflex

rvsxer

Well Known Member
I am replacing my slider canopy and I am planning on going the Sikaflex route. I've got the info from Sika and searched the forums and the Matronics wiki but I still need know to what other products to use (primer, adhesion promoter, cleaner, etc) with the Sika 295UV adhesive. My canopy frame is painted so I was planning on stripping the bond line. It looks like I may need 2 primers, 207 for the steel and 209 for the acrylic. Anyway, some recent info would really help as some of the Sika product numbers have apparently changed.

Just sikaflexed my back window in my tip up a couple of weeks ago. It’s rock solid, these are what I used.

Attachments

• F665F5D7-0F43-42AB-BB90-9E8EE9EAA31E.jpg
    F665F5D7-0F43-42AB-BB90-9E8EE9EAA31E.jpg
    621.5 KB · Views: 185
  • E87160C7-194A-43F8-8AC4-9C8B2BE00CAB.jpg
    E87160C7-194A-43F8-8AC4-9C8B2BE00CAB.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 155
Mike, I have two brand new tubes of 295UV I'll sell you if you like. I just got them a few weeks ago as I was going to attach gear leg stiffeners with it but I used epoxy instead. They both have an expiration date of 12/2021. I'll get em to you for $35 shipping included. Send me a PM if your interested. Good luck with the canopy install!

Not to drift off-topic, but is there anything useful on the airplane that can be (safely) done with expired sika? I have a full tube that I never used on the canopy, got too much. I guess I could give it to my kid for her to use in her arts and crafts...

Not to drift off-topic, but is there anything useful on the airplane that can be (safely) done with expired sika? I have a full tube that I never used on the canopy, got too much. I guess I could give it to my kid for her to use in her arts and crafts...

Someone on here actually tested some heavily expired stuff and it held as good as the non-expired. I just didn't have the guts to try it on my windscreen at the time.

Back