What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

HXr auto pilot question

JDanno

Well Known Member
My Garmin 750 connects to the HXr where the AP is controlled. The horizontal HNav works pretty good in both heading bug and GPS. I can dial up and down the altitude to climb and descend.
I'm having trouble getting the VNav to follow the vertical guidance to the decision heighth.
What and which button do you push? Do you have to arm the SAP before it will follow the vertical guidance from the Garmin GPS? Help!!

It depends ...

My Garmin 750 connects to the HXr where the AP is controlled. The horizontal HNav works pretty good in both heading bug and GPS. I can dial up and down the altitude to climb and descend.
I'm having trouble getting the VNav to follow the vertical guidance to the decision heighth.
What and which button do you push? Do you have to arm the SAP before it will follow the vertical guidance from the Garmin GPS? Help!!

What approach are you flying?

If ILS, "ARM ILS" and press "EXECUTE" when "Cleared for the ILS ..."
If RNAV (etc) I **think** you want to "ARM GPSV" and press "EXECUTE" at the appropriate time.

I may be wrong on this so I am prepared to be corrected. It has been a few weeks since I did any approaches and it is late. :)

James

The "appropriate time" is when inbound for the approach. If doing a procedure turn do not push execute until intercepting the final approach course. But do push it prior to GS intercept.

Back