What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 and the Alternate Plan

Nice Video! It is visible that you have installed VGs on your wing. Why did you do that? Did you have any Problems?

I Didn't

It is visible that you have installed VGs on your wing. Why did you do that? Did you have any Problems?

I didn't install the VG's, they were there when I bought it. In fact, they were there when the guy I bought it from bought it. For the kind of flying I do I don't think they really help, in fact they may cost a couple of knots.

They were installed before paint, so if I can find a place to touch up the paint I will probably remove them (they come off quite easily).

That's at least 3 RV-8s in Puget Sound area 3-3-2018, I met Andy Karmy gassing up to head out at Crest when Marilyn and I were headed to Skagit Regional to visit with a T-18 friend at the restaurant, then we were off to Lopez Island for a walk in one of the most beautiful settings (feed the fitbit!) Then back to Kiona (WN-55) and around snow falling on Mt Rainier. What a Day!

Three RV-8's in the Puget Sound area? There were three just on the ramp at Chehalis while we were there. It was almost a fly in.

Back