What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Missing Man Formation Marana, AZ

Gash

Well Known Member
I had the privilege of flying in a 6-ship missing man formation yesterday at the opening ceremony for the new Veteran's Memorial Cemetery in Marana, Arizona. It's always an honor to fly with such an excellent group of aviators and friends. We all had a great time!

Here's a photo from the Arizona Daily Star. You can see Mel pulling up and away, and it's nice how the photographer got the flag in the frame too.

Marana%20Missing%20Man%203-26-16_zpsamfaij8f.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!

Nice job guys and Cathy!

These missing man formations are very moving when watched from the ground.

Mark

Flight members from the Arizona Scorpions were: Gary Goebel (on loan from the Blackjacks), Jim Graham, Mel Jordan, Karl Gashler, Cathy Page (with Carl Brownd riding shotgun) and Bill Grischo.

Where can I go to find out more information about the Arizona Scorpions?

Bill,

Give me a shout and I will link you in. We have a yahoo group to organize flights and we post on the rvformation.com calendar.

We have actually met before. I used to have a Hiperbipe and have talked to you about yours before. At the time we met I was flying a Christian Eagle II (now flying an RV6). Currently based at Stellar Airpark.

Bill York
[email protected]
602 677 1377

Back