What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

It is now an airplane

BGS

Well Known Member
Well, lets say an airworthy one.

Today was the big inspection day. Had 2 FAA inspectors stop down from the Fargo FSDO to do the final airworthy inspection A bit overwhelming and nerve racking. But all went well.

They only found a couple small issues that were corrected while being inspected and all was good.

After a lengthy inspection, they left with me my new pink slip. What a great feeling. Now just need that first flight. Cannot believe I am finally at this stage in the build.

Brian

Airworthiness%20003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! I hopefully won't be too far behind you in the pink slip department. Just working on a couple gremlins in the electrical dept.:(

Congrats, Brian.

Love the paint scheme (from what I can see in the picture). Very classy and professional.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments everybody.

Here is a better picture of the whole plane

Final%20Construction%20001s.jpg

Cannot figure why it only puts a link on here instead of the pic. tried making it smaller but no luck.. Any help on this?

Brian

Inspection by FSDO a No Go

I contacted the local FSDO (Detroit office in Belleville at Willow Run Airport) to perform my airworthiness inspection. They said because of the sequester they are not doing them anymore. This was in July. So went with the local DAR.

Just a FYI.

Jim
Phase 1
1st Flight Sept 14, 2013
RV9A

Congrats!

Nice job. I just went thru this myself and concur it's a mental shift from building. Now it's time for another shift to piloting. Many hats to wear in this game. I do like to worn jean look. I have several pairs myself. I hear it's the new fashion.

Congratulations

Well done, that's a huge milestone. Next one's coming up. Keep us posted, with pictures of course.

Congratulations on a major and life changing milestone achieved.
Now it is time to enjoy an awesome machine :D:D

Back