What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Memphis Animal Shelter - a "MESS!"

L'Avion

Well Known Member
See below the text of my email of today to Pilots N Paws:

"Please be advised that the Memphis Animal Shelter is a "mess," for lack of a better description. Problems include: low adoption rate, high kill rate, and gross mis-statements about those numbers. The Memphis City Attorney has threatened a blogger in South Carolina for publishing the problems and attempting to help. The complete story is best portrayed at: http://yesbiscuit.wordpress.com/

The above is a long read, but accurate in the problems that exist. Thus far, there has been no response from the City, other than to threaten the blogger.

We -those of us who are trying to help- may ask for transport help, if we are able to find some good folks who would be willing to foster or provide a home for some of the Memphis dogs who would otherwise be killed. We will coordinate our efforts here in Memphis before we ask Pilots N Paws for transport assistance and channel our request(s) through one person, as much as possible.

Thank you for all the good work that you do in helping to save so many dogs.

Sincerely,
Barney

I am an active PnP pilot and live in North Alabama. I would be willing to transport a reasonable distance in my C172. Let me know if I can help.

Don

"It only takes one person to throw an animal away
but it takes a whole team to find it a new home!"

"You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Back