What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tips or trick to removing B&C Faston Electrical Terminals

lndwarrior

Well Known Member
These are the simple push on terminals I am referring to. It's great that they fit so tight however, trying to take them off sometimes takes a ridiculous amount of force.

I've had the best luck using a small standard screwdriver and prying them gently as I pull and wiggle them with the other hand. Even then, I've nearly pulled switches out of my panel getting these things off.

Anyone got some simple tip to help pull these terminals off?

Tia
Gary

Try using a small set of pliars on the crimped end.

All my crimped ends have heat shrink on them so I've tried to avoid using pliers on them so as not to tear up the wrap.

I guess I just need to grind the teeth off of one set of pliers and keep that as my terminal remover set.

The ones I am using have built in heat shrink and solder, I know that I have to use small, skinny plyers to push them on while wiggling side to side, so some are tight! I would be carful not to damage the switch or what ever it is coming off of.

Use a slotted screwdriver with a head which will fit into one of the slots of the terminal and using cantilever or "see saw" pressure wiggle it off.

Boelube'

I used a dab of Boelube for fastons during my build. Hundreds of hours, no issues. makes them easier on/off.

Jerry

Back