What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Negative comments about our Arrowhead flyover

I saw the video and thought it was one of the best things I have seen all year. Filled me with pride. Talk about a 100% positive light on private aviation and experimental aircraft pilots. You guys are RV ambassadors to the world. It was simply amazing.

Three kinds, no four

I heard a long time ago that there are three kinds of people in the world:

Those who make things happen - you and the other 48 amazing people!
Those who watch things happen
and
Those who say "what happened?"

After watching people all my life, I'm convinced there's a fourth type:

He who complains about whatever DOES happen.

Axel,

As a husband who lost his wife to stomach cancer not to long ago and a builder of a 9A, all I can say is that my family was proud to see the flight video and know that cancer of any type is being addressed. The heck with the ignorant.

Great job and keep flying!

Steve
N424JK
RV 9A

Man's Desire To Achieve

Very few people are born with a "dare to be different" gene. Some examples:

-Those who must work for themselves. Answering to "the man" is not an option.
-Those who must express themselves in the arts.
-Those who are selfless, putting others before themselves. Health care professionals, clergy, first responders, military.
-Those who have the desire and stamina to start and complete a grueling project.

Unfortunately the masses are comprised of winers, complainers, wannabe's and grouches. They would complain about paying taxes on a huge lottery win.

Please do not allow those nay sayers to enter your mind. You should be proud of your accomplishments in may ways. Your contribution was priceless..Be proud!

Flyover awesome

Axel,

It was great to see the big flyover on video but my wife and I finally made it back for a Royals game on Armed Forces day and I was proud of the job you guys did then coming from N to S. There were cheers everywhere in the stadium. Many people nowdays are unhappy and we live in a culture of blame so since people can't really touch our political leaders, anyone else is an easy target for their anger.

Keep up the good work.

I heard a long time ago that there are three kinds of people in the world:

Those who make things happen - you and the other 48 amazing people!
Those who watch things happen
and
Those who say "what happened?"

After watching people all my life, I'm convinced there's a fourth type:

He who complains about whatever DOES happen.

Hope you don't mind if I borrow that one!

Last edited:
On the other hand ....

... a friend of mine in Phoenix sent me a clip from the newspaper there, that had an article and photo about the 49-plane formation. This friend is neither pilot or aviation enthusiast, but nevertheless marveled at the time and effort I was willing to invest in building my own airplane. When he saw the newspaper article, he instantly understood the work and practice such an event would require. Said he thought that endeavor was about the coolest thing he's ever seen. :D

Positive comments

The guys on oathkeepers.net/forums were all positive:

Subject: FORTY-NINE PLANE FORMATION
At Arrowhead Stadium Sunday...
As you may know, budget cuts have eliminated any Military flyovers at large events.
Well, there's a group of guys in Kansas City who do some formation flying in their own planes, and they decided they'd volunteer to pick up the slack. They invited a couple of other groups to join them and before they knew it they had 48 guys with their homemade airplanes signing up to join in!
If they had had more time, they probably would have gotten an even larger group, as people kept joining ~ a 49th plane was added just before the event.
One additional feature of the flyover was the use of pink smoke for cancer awareness.
The folks from the Guinness Book were there, and are expected to confirm it as the largest formation flight ever.
And to top it off the crowd later set the record for the loudest gathering at a football stadium.
Hope you enjoy this short video as much as I did.
[the youtube video was posted below the above message]

The message thread that followed was ALL positive, and most appreciative of RV guys taking up the slack.

The Poor

The poor you will always have with you ... Matt 26:11 & Mark 14:7

Pretty much applies across the board!

Back