What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bendix King Crimp pins and connectors

jeffsvan

Well Known Member
Members,

I am trying to recondition and reinstall an older King KMA24 Audio Panel.

I am trying to find a source with good prices $ for:

Molex K.K. Edge Card Connector 44P (44pin), .156", P/N 09-50-6225

Molex K.K. .156 Terminal Connectors (crimp pins), P/N 08-05-0302

Anyone have any idea? thanks

The connectors are easily available on DigiKey; you need to search to find them since they don't use the King part # but they are easily found under Molex connector. They also have edge connectors of various sizes - they likely have what you need (I've bought pins for my KMA-24 there but never the connector).

Those parts have long been obsolete from the mfgr, but we have plenty of the pins in stock (albeit not cheaply) and I think I can still find you a connector (again, not cheaply). While Brad is right that the smaller size edge connectors are fairly available, the 44's just are not.

I would say honestly though, by the time you buy the pins (at over $3.00 each) and the connector you'll likely have more into those parts than the entire thing is worth....probably a couple hundred bucks worth of connector and pins.

Contact me if you want, we'll do what we can.

Cheers,
Stein

I'd never disagree with Stein, so instead I'd add that one additional place to look for stuff like this arcade enthusiast vendor sites. Believe it or not, many of the same connectors used for 70's & 80's avionics are also used by arcade machines of that era. For example, Mike's Arcade (www.mikesarcade.com) has 44 pin molex connectors and a full complement of pins for $15 (https://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=CECM44). Imagine my surprise when I noticed that my audio panel uses PacMan technology :)

The KMA24 is a good unit and while it doesn't have an intercom or bluetooth built-in, they are a relative bargain compared to buying a new one. They are also relatively straight forward to work on as well, should that be your calling.

I'd never disagree with Stein, so instead I'd add that one additional place to look for stuff like this arcade enthusiast vendor sites. Believe it or not, many of the same connectors used for 70's & 80's avionics are also used by arcade machines of that era. For example, Mike's Arcade (www.mikesarcade.com) has 44 pin molex connectors and a full complement of pins for $15 (https://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=CECM44). Imagine my surprise when I noticed that my audio panel uses PacMan technology :)

The KMA24 is a good unit and while it doesn't have an intercom or bluetooth built-in, they are a relative bargain compared to buying a new one. They are also relatively straight forward to work on as well, should that be your calling.

Indeed - but beware those are often times not the 'same' pins (despite various pictures). You can use the shell as most of those are NOS, but the pins from those online pinball sites are often plain tin plated with no gold flash, rarely have I ever seen a gold plated pin supplied with those packages (though honestly I have occasionally seen those supplied).

For a KMA-24 it'd probably be fine as the entire unit is only worth a few dozens of dollars, but for something like a radio I might want to make sure you're getting the gold plated pins of the original P/N (to match the gold plated edge card).

Just my 2 cents as usual.

Cheers,
Stein

Those pins don't look quite right. I would be wary of intermittent audio using them. Nothing like re-wiring an audio panel a second time. I would just buy from Stein.

Just to update this thread. I was able to find this connector that works for a KMA 28 or a Icom 220A radio.

Digikey has them:
Connector: (30 pin for icom 210A) P/N: 583859-7-SI-ND CONN CARDEDGE HSG DUAL 30POS

Pins: https://www.digikey.com/product-det...-amp-connectors/583853-8/A104032CT-ND/2816430

Peace

Back