What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PCU 5000X Prop Guv Group Buy (Reply thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain_John

Well Known Member
Hey All,

Incase you missed it in this thread which was moved into the group buy folder by one of our admins, I am working on a group buy on these fine governors.

That group buy forum is closed to we lowly users, so I started this thread so you can reply to the deal, my inbox doesn't fill up while I am away for the next 3 days AND to inform EVERYONE of the deal!

This is just a feeler thread designed to get a list of names and an idea of how many SERIOUS parties we would have, thereby determining our leverage in the buy. Starting price is below anything ever seen by me!

If you want some more information on the guv, see the website at: www.pcu5000.com .

I am planning on releasing some numbers sometime next week based on replies from this thread. The deal will advertise for approximately 30 days and the next 30 day period will be the final payment/shipment phase.

This will be a fast deal and the only one I will run, as I will be in on it too!

These guvs fit all lycs and can be configured for all of our planes, even though their website does NOT specify the -7 or the -10! I am guessing that their research is in arrears, as the -7 was released in 2001 and we all know the -10 is super fresh on the market. All you have to do is provide them with the correct information at the time of purchase and it will all be taken care of. Don't worry about it now, though.

Delivery will be made to your door when final payment is made. I am making the deposit HEAVY (80-90% of the total cost) to weed out uncertainty and waffling. No tire kickers! Serious individuals ONLY!

Check in here if you are an interested party!

hmpg_pic.gif

:cool: CJ

Last edited:
I'll buy one if the discount is good. When you have a price, let us know what list is and what the discount is.

If it is 25% off list, I WILL buy one. If more than 40% off, I WILL buy two.

If it is only 10% off list, I may still buy one.

I'd like to be included...

...but can I get the certified version instead of the experimental?

fly39t at aol dot com

Hi All,

All the replies say, "If the price is right". It is and I think you will agree. It will be, because I wouldn't expend the time otherwise. We could all buy them off the street if that were the case.

Let me do some talking with them this week and I hope to have some numbers back for you before the weekend.

Meanwhile, keep chiming in here and adding your name to the list if you are interested. This one will move fast. I am planning one month of "gestation" time.

Pat, please PM me with the dealer who quoted you $1,300 at SnF. The best price I got there was from the only dealer of theirs I saw and he told me $1,400!

:) CJ

Price sheet

Captain_John said:
Hi All,

All the replies say, "If the price is right". It is and I think you will agree. It will be, because I wouldn't expend the time otherwise. We could all buy them off the street if that were the case.
Let me do some talking with them this week and I hope to have some numbers back for you before the weekend.
Pat, please PM me with the dealer who quoted you $1,300 at SnF. The best price I got there was from the only dealer of theirs I saw and he told me $1,400!:) CJ

At GOLDEN WEST "06"
misc003wc9.jpg

Last edited:
Well, that settles it. This deal I am working will be SA-WEEET!

Sorry All, I meant $1,350 when I referred to the cost at SnF in my last post. I should proofread BEFORE hitting submit!

:eek: CJ

Last edited:
Captain_John said:
Well, that settles it. This deal I am working will be SA-WEEET!

Sorry All, I meant $1,350 when I referred to the cost at SnF in my last post. I should proofread BEFORE hitting submit!

:eek: CJ
But then you have the EDIT button...... Looking FWD to a GRT $ value :D

UPDATE!

UPDATE!

I have numbers!

Here is the deal. I expect about 50 people to be "IN" on this deal. Hopefully more! Of those 50, several have expressed an interest in an expedited arrangement. If you want an expedited shipment, you will take the deal at the current, respective volume discount at the time of your shipment and claim your governor.

Details as provided by Bob Honig, Sales Manager (EAGLE BOB here at VAF) from Ameritech Industries in Redding, CA.

Here are the price breaks we can offer:

1-10 units $1,250.00
11-25 units $1,175.00
26-40 units $1,100.00
41-50 units $1,071.00

Terms and conditions:

? Customers must use the following reference to receive the special pricing:
APS-AIRFORCE #1.
? A 50% deposit shall be required, with balance due prior to shipping.
? Payments can be made via personal or business checks; credit cards will not be accepted to receive the special pricing.
? Cost for shipping shall be additional.
? Customer contact at American Propeller Services is Bob Honig or Kevin Russell (800-292-7767).
? Prices indicated are valid for 60 days beginning on May 4, 2007.

Looking forward to working with you and all the other RV builders.

Best regards,

Bob Honig
Corporate Sales Manager
American Propeller Service
bob at ameritechind.com

When you place your order, SEND ME AN EMAIL (jsannizzaro at comcast.net) so I can keep track of the total count and our respective discount!

You will also need to fill out THIS FORM when you place your order. It details your needs, wants and desires with respect to your engine/prop requirements.

Personally, I will be submitting a $600 deposit and considering it to be 50% of the total order. May I suggest you do the same?

How does this look?

Doug, can we have this featured on the front page?

:cool: CJ

Last edited:
Lemme see if if have the plan right:

Each builder sends a $600 deposit check to confirm his order. At the end of the 60 day period (roughly the 4th of July) Bob counts the deposits to determine the group discount price per the schedule. He then ships units as individual checks for the remaining balance arrive at his door.

Cap'n John? Bob?

Looks like a great deal CJ! I'm ready to order. Do you have a 101 course setup for filling out the form?

I could use some 101 as well

Rockyjs said:
Do you have a 101 course setup for filling out the form?

No kidding! How do I guess takeoff RPM... static, (yet to be determined) plus a couple hundred? How far into the takeoff roll are we talking?

And any help with the arm clocking would be appreciated. The check is in the mail if I can figure this form out. I guess it would help if I hadn't sprung for a hot rodded engine. I'll be making some more phone calls.

195 hp IO-360m1b clone in a -7 with a yet to be purchased b.a. Hartzell. Anyone flying a similar combination willing to help out?

Advice appreciated.

Ummm well, I think you got it right.

Fill it out as best as you can and Bob will contact you with any questions. The clocking can be easily changed in the field. The ratio seems to be relative to HP. Fill in what you know and the details will be worked out individually.

Fill it out as best as you can and Bob will fine tune each one before it leaves the door.

Hope this helps!

:D CJ

Address to send check to

Here is a paste of the email I got back from American Propeller Service when I checked on the address and who to make the check out to.

--- insert ---

Hi Gary,

You can make the check out to:
20208 CHarlanne Drive
Redding, CA 96002

Reference APS-AIRFORCE #1

Thanks,

Bob

--- end insert ---

I am placing a check in the mail for a deposit on TWO governors. One as a replacement for my flying 320 when I overhaul it and one for the 360 sitting in my hangar that I am going to rebuild for installation in my -6.

Did I mess up?

RV6_flyer said:
Here is a paste of the email I got back from American Propeller Service when I checked on the address and who to make the check out to.

You can make the check out to:
20208 CHarlanne Drive
Redding, CA 96002

Reference APS-AIRFORCE #1

Thanks,

Bob

--- end insert ---

I just made the check out to and sent mine to the address on the bottom of the spec sheet:

Aero Technologies, LLC
290 Larkin Drive
Wheeling, Il 60090-6456

I wrote APS-AIRFORCE #1 across the top of the sheet.

Did I mess up?

I'm in

Like I said this weekend John, I'm in!

I don't even know what it is, but I'm still in. Just kidding . . . mostly.

Last edited:
Joe, yes... you did mess up.

Simply send an email to both Aero Technologies and Ameritech explaining the error. I am sure they will sort things out.

Let me know if you need anything!

Antony, thanks for participating!

Looks like we are entering the second category soon!

I have 5 guys here in my local area (including you Antony). We will be combining our orders to save on shipping as well!

CJ, I'm in as I mentioned to you this past weekend. I'll be ordering late in the time frame as I don't need it for a while but don't want to miss out on a good deal. Just thought I would post here to let others who may be keeping a tally know I'll be ordering.

What's a PCU 5000X and why do I want one?

CJ, I've done a bit of searching and I can't find much info on this governor (perhaps I've angered the Google gods). It seems like (from the earlier thread on this group buy) that the PCU is actually a Jihostroj governor. Is this true? From what limited reading I'd done on this so far the Jihostroj seemed like the way to go.

It's a bit early (6+ months) for me to buy one of these but if these discounts pan out it just might be worth it. Since I hadn't thought about it too much yet I'm just not sure how I know if this is the one that I want. Can you help a fella out?

Btw, RV-7A, XP-360, Whirlwind 200RV.

-Rick

Rick, you got it right!

It is the Jihostroj guv. The folks at Jihostroj are AWESOME and have a tremendous reputation to boot! I have been in contact with them since starting this group buy and it just solidifies my decision that this unit is the way to go!

They sell certified units as well and the people on this forum who have these units are thrilled with their performance!

Jump in on the deal!

Send your deposit to AMERITECH and an email to me so that I can track the number of orders and our respective discount!

Like I said in another thread, this is the turkey dinner for the price of a chicken sandwich!

I do this for you guys, not for me! My price is the same as yours!

:D CJ

Cool! I bet alotta people will start placing orders now that we are approaching the 30 day window.

Keep 'em coming guys!

Captain_John said:
Cool! I bet alotta people will start placing orders now that we are approaching the 30 day window.

Keep 'em coming guys!

Captain John,
In post #25 of this thread you reproduced an email from Bob Honig which clearly states that this offer is open for "60 days from May 4". I calculate that the offer is therefore valid up until and including July 3.

Do you concur.

Bob, that is the way I understand it also and plan on ordering mine the first of July. We'll see wht CJ says.

Yup Bob, That is correct. Thirty days is approaching come the first week in June, and being a teacher... it can't come soon enough!

:D

Ya know whattamean?

cj --

sent you a pm. i dropped the order for my guv in the snail mail yesterday. what's the count up to now?

john

Thanks guys! The count is at 19 now! Only 7 more to go and we match Vans price for the MT's!

Keep 'em comin'!

I'm in

Hi,

I just bought a Hartzel BA w/ a MT gov. I'm in. Anybody want a MT gov (new in box)?

paul story
Overlord of Customer Service at SteinAir
[email protected]
RV-7A QB
Aerosport 0-360
Hartzel BA
N639PS (reserved)

I just signed on

I just spoke with Eagle Bob at American Propeller Service. What a great guy. I put my check in the mail today for the prop governor. Thanks for putting all of this together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back