What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Locating local RV'ers

Ken Martin

Well Known Member
Hello All,

I live just north of Tampa and I'm trying to locate others in the area building or flying. I'm a licensed Commercial/Instrument Pilot and A&P looking to get more involved with the RV community as I wait to restart my RV-7 building project.

Thanks,

Ken

Tampa RVers

Hi Ken: I have an RV-7A at PIE. Dan Landry has an RV up at Brooksville. There are a bunch in the area.
Bill Near

RV

I am not an RV'er so to speak. I was planning on building an RV-10, but I recently came across a Lancair ES project that was to good of a deal to pass up.
But, I will be building it at PIE, around other experimental builders. From what I have been told, there are a few projects being built there.
I will have my plane there in a week.

I think I am an rv'er at heart though ;-)

Hi Ken,
I'm not too far away from you. Trinity is a short ride from KBKV.
How far along are you on your 7?

At KBKV, we have 2-7A, 1-6A, 1-9A based here.
There's a few at ZPH & plenty at LAL.
Loves Landing, SE of Ocala has several RVers as well.
Not easy hooking up with anyone as I believe they are all out flying & playing every weekend.
Almost anywhere in central FL is close by when you're flying a RV.

When you're ready, let me know. I'll take you for a ride.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the great responses. I'd like to come see your planes and projects. I sold my RV-7 tail section when I moved to the Tampa area 5 years ago. I was laid off from the airline industry post 9/11 and unfortunately my kit was one of the casualties. I plan to start again no matter how long it takes.

When anyone has time for me to stop by and visit just let me know.

Best Regards,

Ken

Last edited:
Hey Dan,

I appreciate the offer. When would you be available to fly? I'm seriously considering the IO360 and 3 blade Catto prop and would really like to see how it performs!

Thanks,

Ken

Hi Ken,
I'm not too far away from you. Trinity is a short ride from KBKV.
How far along are you on your 7?

At KBKV, we have 2-7A, 1-6A, 1-9A based here.
There's a few at ZPH & plenty at LAL.
Loves Landing, SE of Ocala has several RVers as well.
Not easy hooking up with anyone as I believe they are all out flying & playing every weekend.
Almost anywhere in central FL is close by when you're flying a RV.

When you're ready, let me know. I'll take you for a ride.

Hey Dan,

I appreciate the offer. When would you be available to fly? I'm seriously considering the IO360 and 3 blade Catto prop and would really like to see how it performs!

Thanks,

Ken

Hi Ken,
What are your plans this weekend? It looks like the weather may good.
Mornings around 8:30.

Back