What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VAF Community Garmin Data Card Programmer

Tanya

Well Known Member
...is ready for its next round of travels. This device will update the terrain and obstacle databases from Garmin only, not the Jeppesen nav data.

The Garmin terrain database update is free until 12/31/08 but only for the 400W/500W models. The obstacle database must be purchased as well as the terrain for other models.

You can find details about cost and the updates available at:
http://shop.garmin.com/aviation/databases/

The following rules worked pretty well last time, so we'll go with those again...

1) I will make a list of the first 10 posters that would like to use it.
2) When your task is completed, please forward to the next person. (I'll get you the shipping info.)
3) An envelope will be included. If you feel it is worth a small donation to help offset the cost of the device, please drop in in the mail.
4) I'll start another round once the list has been exhausted.

Tanya

These, along with some more detailed instructions, will be included with the package to make this as smooth as possible.

The origination can be found here... http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=29484

I'm in

My 430 goes into play in about 2 weeks and I need the obstacle update.

Webb Willmott
4625 Friar Circle
Jackson, MS 39211

Please include me, too!

This is AWESOME! Please add me to the list --

Rob Johnson
2303 Corrigan Way
Normal, IL 61761

Thanks!

Rob

430W

I believe this was answered in another thread...but just in case.
If it will work for a 430 standard, I would like it.
If not, and anyone else is interested, maybe we can look into doing the same
for a GNS 430.

Add to list

Please add me to the list. I purchased my 430W about 13 months ago and is out of date. I get the Jepp IFR monthly and have wondered about terrain.
Thanks.
Kenny Gene

Garmin Terrain 'Free' Expires 12/31/2008

...is ready for its next round of travels. This device will update the terrain and obstacle databases from Garmin only, not the Jeppesen nav data.

The Garmin terrain database update is free until 12/31/08 but only for the 400W/500W models. The obstacle database must be purchased as well as the terrain for other models.

You can find details about cost and the updates available at:
http://shop.garmin.com/aviation/databases/

The following rules worked pretty well last time, so we'll go with those again...

1) I will make a list of the first 10 posters that would like to use it.
2) When your task is completed, please forward to the next person. (I'll get you the shipping info.)
3) An envelope will be included. If you feel it is worth a small donation to help offset the cost of the device, please drop in in the mail.
4) I'll start another round once the list has been exhausted.

Tanya

These, along with some more detailed instructions, will be included with the package to make this as smooth as possible.

The origination can be found here... http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=29484

Just like in musical chairs, it looks like I'm the last one to get a chair when the music stops. I just received the 'RV Group's Traveling Garmin Data Reader' and downloaded the free terrain update from Garmin. I noticed that the "free" terrain offer expires 12/31/2008. Does anyone know if this means the current terrain data expires 12/31? Or does it mean the "free" expires then?

If it's the former, then maybe I need to hang on to the card reader until after Jan 1 for the new terrain data. If it's the later, then I suggest anyone who is waiting to use the reader go download the Garmin Terrain file now. It can sit on your computer as an .exe file until you get the reader... but at least you'll get it before it gets yanked from the site.

update choices

how I can I get an update for a non waas unit , put me on the list
I didn't download anything, can I use another persons exe file ?

Dan

Garmin Reader

I'm looking to borrow the readers for the 530W. I'm out in Southern Cal, hangered chino. Anybody out here got one I could borrow?

thanks

Back