What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X: Intercepting VOR Radial

macrafic

Well Known Member
Looking at the VOR approach procedures in the G3X Touch pilot guide. I am a bit confused looking at the instructions for intercepting a VOR radial.

The instructions are EXACTLY the same as the section on flying direct to a VOR; word for word. No radial (course) is selected in the instructions. If a put a step in there to select a radial, that implies I no longer want to do a "sync course" per the instructions but, instead, actually select a radial (course). However, this then becomes the exact same procedure listed in the manual for doing a VOR Approach.

Net: the instructions for intercepting a VOR radial seem wrong to me. Correcting it would make it the same as the instructions for doing a VOR approach, making the intercept instructions meaningless.

What am I missing here?

I assume if you are using a Jurassic VOR, then you will have your NAV in VOR, not GPS (which can be used to intercept the radial as well). Set the course for the inbound reciprocal or outbound radial, select heading and arm NAV, sit back and watch it all happen! However, if you stay in GPS NAV, enter "direct to" the VOR, select OBS on default NAV, and enter the radial, select Heading and arm NAV it will do the same thing, only better!!

DAR Gary

Back