What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuselage kit RV10 delay from VANs

vinzer

Well Known Member
Ongoing Fuselage kit RV10 delay from VANs

Hello everyone,

I ordered my RV10 fuselage kit earlier this year and was suppose to get it crated around first week of January 2021 and pickup date was scheduled for January 26, 2021.
Today I received email from VANs about delay for up to 6-8 weeks and curious if anyone else is in the same boat as me now ?

---- QUOTE ----

We had your RV-10 Fuselage Kit scheduled to be crated for pick up on January 26th.

I am so sorry, we’ve encountered a quality control issue and many of the main components for the RV-10 fuselage have to be re-worked.

Unfortunately, due to the current climate and challenges in production, this will cause a significant delay.

We’re hoping to keep the delay to 6 weeks, but there may be a few pieces that will take up to 8.

This means we can schedule crate to be ready for pick up the week of March 9th. There’s possibility that some of the welded parts would still have to be back ordered, but they are relatively small.

We could of course just back order everything that is not available at the end of January, but that will include a lot of the major skins for the sides and bottom of the fuselage.

I know this is not good news, and I hate to have to write this email. Please know we are striving to find the best way to deal with a challenging situation.

---- QUOTE ----

Last edited:
SL 00033

Don't know for sure, but I would wager it has something to do with The RV10 Service Letter 00033 Although there has not been much said about it here. I did receive a PM from another RV10 owner questioning about it. Ed S

Back