What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-4 ride

Rearsteer

I want to build a RV-4 but I don't know how my wife will do in the back. I may have to go with a RV-6. Is there any RV-4s around Merced, Ca. that can take her up? A ride in a RV-6 would also be helpful. Thanks, Scott

Rearsteer said:
I want to build a RV-4 but I don't know how my wife will do in the back. I may have to go with a RV-6. Is there any RV-4s around Merced, Ca. that can take her up? A ride in a RV-6 would also be helpful. Thanks, Scott

I'm based up in Oakdale. Depending upon size (to put it not so delicately) I could take her for a ride. I have a 180 lb hard limit in the back seat. Bear in mind that you may too unless you hang a constant speed prop on the front.

Thats funny, I should have been more clear. Its not a size thing, shes 5' 5'', 120 LBS. She gets air sick some times if I do to many turns. She is ok if she has an air vent and can see out. I would hate to spend time and money on a plane she won't ride in. Thanks

Let'r drive.......

Hi Rearsteer,
If you have a stick in the rear, let'r drive! It may not be pretty but from my experience as a CFI and many rides given, it goes much easier, less queezier, if they fly. You'd be surprised how the interest level will climb (pun intended) when she does the flying.......heck, you may even start paying for her flying lessons! :D

Scott Vanarts, thanks for your offer. We got a ride in a nice RV4 Sunday. My wife did fine in the back. I am on the lookout for a kit or a flyer.

Back