What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I’d Like to See Your RV (in SoCal)

dflyguy

I'm New Here
Hello Folks,

I’m new to Van’s Airforce and I’d like to introduce myself. My name is Tim and I’m currently installing a 2.3L VW-based engine in a Dragonfly. We are located at Zamperini Field, Torrance (KTOA), in the L.A. area. I’ve enjoyed this plane since 2002; but, I’m thinking that our days together might be numbered. I have wandered away from the canard composite field, crossed the tracks, and have entered into sheet metal territory.

I’m considering the RV-14, and for good reason; reasons that many of you can understand. I’ve been doing a little research lately online and now it’s time to step it up a notch. So, I would like to ask any builders and/or flyers (of any RV model) if they would like to show their plane or project to me, share their stories and answer a few questions related to their kit or flying experience. This would be most helpful to me to determine if I’m a prospective RV builder. I’m available most any day of the week.

Thanks for your response,

Tim

Torrance

Hello Folks,

I’m new to Van’s Airforce and I’d like to introduce myself. My name is Tim and I’m currently installing a 2.3L VW-based engine in a Dragonfly. We are located at Zamperini Field, Torrance (KTOA), in the L.A. area. I’ve enjoyed this plane since 2002; but, I’m thinking that our days together might be numbered. I have wandered away from the canard composite field, crossed the tracks, and have entered into sheet metal territory.

I’m considering the RV-14, and for good reason; reasons that many of you can understand. I’ve been doing a little research lately online and now it’s time to step it up a notch. So, I would like to ask any builders and/or flyers (of any RV model) if they would like to show their plane or project to me, share their stories and answer a few questions related to their kit or flying experience. This would be most helpful to me to determine if I’m a prospective RV builder. I’m available most any day of the week.

Thanks for your response,

Tim

I have an RV8 in 2751I and I'm there almost every Friday through Sunday in the afternoons.

Did you used to share hangar space with Dave Richardson?

Skylor

Last edited:
Hi Skylor,

Yes, Dave and I shared a hangar in ‘06. He was building his fuselage at that time.

Thanks for the invite, I’ll see you soon.

Tim, I have a -6 in 2729H you can check out too. Let me know when you'd like to meet. I live 10 min away.

Heinrich

Back