What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Which PUSH TYPE FUEL DRAIN VALVE for RV-7A?

Mils1977

I'm New Here
Right wing valve dripping. Maybe O-ring needs to be replaced. Local mechanic also recommend I keep a spare handy. Spruce has differs models. I do not know the model number. Is there a known standard Push Type Drain Valve for the RV-7A?

safaircav110.php

Right wing valve dripping. Maybe O-ring needs to be replaced. Local mechanic also recommend I keep a spare handy. Spruce has differs models. I do not know the model number. Is there a known standard Push Type Drain Valve for the RV-7A?

safaircav110.php

Per RV7 plan sheet 16A which calls out drain valve CAV-110. The o-ring part # MS29513-006 as noted at the bottom of your link.

SAF-AIR now makes a stainless version of the CAV-110 but ACS doesn't yet show they carry it, even though I asked well over a year ago.

SAF-AIR

The manufacturer of the fuel drains is SAF-AIR (www.saf-air.com)

Either the CAV-110 or CAV-110SS will fit the Van's 1/8" NPT bung.

Their distributors are listed on their website.

Cheers

Is there some advantage to SS over the brass ones which they previously supplied with the kits (and which is what I have)?

Or do they just look cooler?

The non-stainless steel ones are gold cadmium plated steel, so they can rust after a while.

If you fly a lot and sample a lot they may even freeze on you between condition inspection. A locking pliers are needed to hold the tank flange to prevent flange rivets damage during drain removal.

OK, thanks. I have the non-SS ones and they appear fine after 750 hours, but then I live in SoCal, so the environment is nowhere near as harsh. Maybe someday I'll swap them out if they start to look corroded or anything.

Good info, thanks!

Reference??

I could not find the 110SS on either Vans or Spruce. Anyone have a reference?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Sean

Back