What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N815DG, RV10 Out of paint and design from Evoke Aviation

Gaylon

Jonathan at Evoke Aviation/Plane Schemer delivered an outstanding RV10 with a fantastic paint scheme like no other RV10. The paint is matched perfectly to our liking and the finish work is phenomenal to the point of a factory finish. The fiberglass and window trim finishing work alone makes the airplane complete compared to how I delivered it to them.

The team at Evoke Aviation handled the schedule nicely as I personally had a few bumps along the way changing the production schedule but Jonathan managed to make schedule match up nicely. Once we finally arrived Jonathan?s and Mo?s hospitality made to assembly process go smoothly over the course of two days. A big thank you to Mo helping me to hang the doors. Also a big thank you to Dave Forster (my neighbor) who helped with flight controls and other important items, plus the transportation.

Jonathan?s team did an amazing job and it started with his design of the paint scheme. Top notch service with great hospitality and one heck of a great experience. We still can?t believe the results.

The RV grin might be a little noticeable in the last picture. Happy to have it back in the air! Thanks Jonathan!

img_2998.jpg

img_2997.jpg

img_2996.jpg

img_2995.jpg

That is beautiful! Jonathan does wonderful designs, and I'm very happy with mine that he designed.

New EFI

It's performing flawless. No issues. Cranked right up after setting dormant through the paint process. The 6cyl trim function is fantastic. Engine is increadble smooth.

EFI

That's good to hear! Hopefully, I'll have mine up and running, soon. Did you observe any improvements in performance or fuel burn?

Subjective Opinion

The engine runs more efficient because I am not flying it excessive rich on take off etc, the ECU's are managing all that now. So from a poor engine management perspective yes it is much better. LOP operations I can go much deeper into LOP territory then I could before with the FM300, engine remains smooth but power obviously decreases. I wont go into subjective opinions on what the system does or doesn't do, but I will say I personal like the system and enjoy flying with it.

EFI Upgrades

Very inspiring news on the performance of your system, Gaylon. With the new upgrades recently announced to the EFI system I'm using, hopefully, my performance will be similar. I've also found a solution which enabled me to use the stock Vans cowling along with my Cold Air Induction, with slight mods.
Thanks, again, for your help and enjoy your New Plane!:)

Beautiful plane! I can't tell from the picture but I bet you are wearing some yellow Vans sneakers, as well. :D

Black spinner

Hi Gaylon,

Awesome job !

I love the black spinner !
It would of been a tough moment when you decided to scuff up the beautiful polished Hartzell spinner but the look you achieved nailed it !

Well done !

Cheers,

Back