What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DRE 6000 headsets

Build9A

Well Known Member
I have owned a DRE6000 anr headset for several years. The older model which I have uses 2 9v batteries which can be expensive to replace (newer model uses one). I visited the DRE sponsor link on this website and found that they had an accessory that ties into the main power that eliminates the need for batteries. So I ordered one. To my surprise Pat Hartley, customer service and sales asked me about my headset. I told him I loved it and would like it even more now that I could plug the anr function into the panel. He also asked me how it was holding up and on his own sent me a new cable set that attaches to the headset because some of the original cables had become frayed or loose from the connectors. He didn't even have to ask as my headset was a year or more past any obligation that the company might have had. I had already made my purchase and I was already a satisfied customer. This is a good product and beats most of the competition that I know of in price and I have been very happy with it. I have no vested interest in the company just a satisfied customer. Check them out if you're looking for a fairly priced quality ANR headset.

Last edited:
DRE headset

I have had my DRE 6000 for a number of years with the two 9V pack and I love it! This is the one with the LED lights that tell you battery level. I fly rental planes for about 20-25 hours a year aand replace the Batteries say every 18 months. I perfer the DRE over my BOSE but it seems the copilot always takes my DRE. Not kidding! I saw and tested the DRE at SUN-N-Fun years ago. Customer service like you would never believe! I to have had the Best service in a aviation product by DRE. I was told they keep the cost down by Not advertizing in big mags but by word of mouth. If you want quality you won't go wrong. Iam building a 9A and my DRE will be wired in! Ron Salem Oregon

I have had my DRE 6000 for about 7 years and it has been just great. It is very comfortable and the ANR work like a charm. I leave the ANR off during takeoff and landing sice it is so quite you can't hear engine roughness very well. I will definately have to pick up the external power harness.

I have owned a DRE6000 anr headset for several years. The older model which I have uses 2 9v batteries which can be expensive to replace (newer model uses one). I visited the DRE sponsor link on this website and found that they had an accessory that ties into the main power that eliminates the need for batteries. So I ordered one. To my surprise Pat Hartley, customer service and sales asked me about my headset. I told him I loved it and would like it even more now that I could plug the anr function into the panel. He also asked me how it was holding up and on his own sent me a new cable set that attaches to the headset because some of the original cables had become frayed or loose from the connectors. He didn't even have to ask as my headset was a year or more past any obligation that the company might have had. I had already made my purchase and I was already a satisfied customer. This is a good product and beats most of the competition that I know of in price and I have been very happy with it. I have no vested interest in the company just a satisfied customer. Check them out if you're looking for a fairly priced quality ANR headset.
Does anyone still make the replacement cord (of better quality)? I inherited the DRE6000 enr and the cord is falling apart. Plus the battery life is pretty bad. This has the pack with the 2 9V batteries.

Back