What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-3B Interior

rv3pilot

I know I've read it somewhere (probably Paul) but who are people using for interiors? I can't find the post.

Chris

I have seat cushions on order from Oregon Aero. The rest of the interior is aluminum that I fabricated. The canopy fairing on mine is the canopy frame (it's not standard at all) and that's painted fiberglass.

Since I have a manual flap handle and a somewhat unusual crotch strap mount, my bottom cushion is somewhat different than others. And apparently my back is sufficiently different that the lumbar support is also different. As a result, there are several iterations of shipment back and forth for trial fits.

Dave

Ours is Oregon Aero - took them a couple of iterations to get the foam right a dozen years ago, but I think (hope) they saved the dimensions for future buyers.

Paul

I have seat cushions on order from Oregon Aero. The rest of the interior is aluminum that I fabricated. The canopy fairing on mine is the canopy frame (it's not standard at all) and that's painted fiberglass.

Since I have a manual flap handle and a somewhat unusual crotch strap mount, my bottom cushion is somewhat different than others. And apparently my back is sufficiently different that the lumbar support is also different. As a result, there are several iterations of shipment back and forth for trial fits.

Dave

Thank you!

Ours is Oregon Aero - took them a couple of iterations to get the foam right a dozen years ago, but I think (hope) they saved the dimensions for future buyers.

Paul

Thank you! That's what I thought. I think I called them awhile back and they did indeed have the patterns. I just couldn't remember which company and I can't find and email from them.

Back