What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10: Will I Fit?

Frogbusdriver

I'm New Here
Greetings. I currently own an -8 (bought it, didn't build it). I'm seriously considering building a -10, and am in search of a willing owner of a -10 to allow me to sit in, poke around, and ask dumb questions about their plane. At 6'4" I'm a bit snug but yet quite comfortable in the -8. I'm in the Vegas area but can easily travel to you. Any willing victims?

Greetings. I currently own an -8 (bought it, didn't build it). I'm seriously considering building a -10, and am in search of a willing owner of a -10 to allow me to sit in, poke around, and ask dumb questions about their plane. At 6'4" I'm a bit snug but yet quite comfortable in the -8. I'm in the Vegas area but can easily travel to you. Any willing victims?

Too bad you didn?t post earlier. I?ve been in Vegas all week, but heading home tomorrow. Although I didn?t bring the RV-10 on this trip. I?ve been taking my grandson to the restaurant at North Vegas for breakfast a couple times. He loves the observation deck.

I?ve had a 6?3? person with a Bose headset that just fit in the front seat. Any higher and the headset would be hitting the cabin cover. If you reclined the seat a notch or wore a headset like the Card?s sell, that would remedy that problem.

Plenty of headroom in the backseat.

I am 6? 4? and fit just fine. Lots of room. I have the Aerosport overhead console and it would not put it in again. I still have room but it is close when I lean to the right

I'm 6'8" I flew in a 10 before I started building, and I fit as well as I do in any vehicle, so I'm sure you are good.

Try it on for size

While most people fit in the ten, a couple of years ago at OSH we had a gentleman fit in the 14 but not the ten. It all has to do with upper body length and leg length.

I live in AZ 15 mins from KPHX. My airplane is at KFFZ. I?m happy to do demos. I have to warn you though, my stick grips were fashioned out of a Boeing 737 yoke so they might be quite foreign to an Atari Ferrari guy.

I?ve had lots of folks on Samaritan trips think they won?t fit when they first see the airplane, but are amazed when they get inside. There?s a recess in the upper inner door the adds a bit of headset room but some guys glass that over to make the surface smooth.
The seats recline enough to add more head room. My guess is that you could also shave the bottom seat cushion down an inch or so, but it would be a shame because those seats are the most comfortable in any airplane I?ve ever sat on.

I’m 6’4 and around 225lbs. No overhead and no center armrest. Plane is very comfortable. Good headroom without the overhead console. We knock out 4 hours flights in comfort.

I'm 6'7" and long waisted. Very long waisted. I have read many car forums promising that tall people will fit in a particular model only to try and be disappointed. I sat in an RV-10 with stock seats and my head was grazing the roof but it was manageable. With the seat cushion removed, I had ample headroom. I think a lower profile seat cushion (its about 3.5 inches thick in the center of the cushion) would make the RV-10 fine for my needs.

Back