What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Eagle's Nest Projects - Rachel Senft (WI) receives her PPL

Special Delivery

Well Known Member
Monday - 8/20/2018
Eagle's Nest Projects - Central High School (WI)

Rachel Senft receives her Private Pilot License
-In the Airplane (RV-12) she helped Build!

20180820_125119-L.jpg

Rachel is the daughter of Jim Senft, Eagle's Nest Program Director at Central High School in Wisconsin, and she is the 6th student-builder in their program to receive a Private Pilot License. Rachel graduated Central High School this year and spent the summer finishing her flight training before leaving for college. She will be attending the University of Wisconsin and will major in Biochemistry.

Remarks from her flight instructor, Dan Lund -
Rachel was an outstanding student with exceptional stick and rudder skills... a flight instructor's dream student!

Remarks from her DPE -
Rachel is an amazing stick and rudder pilot. I felt so comfortable I often found myself just looking out the window and sightseeing. Her use of the electronic flight instruments was mind-blowing. When I observed she was predicting a course over a nearby local airport as her XC divert airport, I immediately gave her an unfamiliar airport and without hesitation, she touched the Dynon PFD, expanded the map, touched the selected airport, auto-turned the radio, input the airport into the flight computer, checked weather, and was turning on course in less than one minute.

Remarks from pilot observers watching her short field (spot) landings-
Wow, she nailed it! - That was super impressive! - I can't even do that and I have several thousands of hours! - That looked more like a STOL in a Cub.

Congratulations, Rachel, on your accomplishment. Job well done!!
And 'super kudos' to an incredible school district and community of dedicated volunteers who make the airplane build-project and student flight training a reality for these outstanding young adults. /reb

Rachel - prepared and awaiting her PPL Oran Exam -
20180820_082442-L.jpg

and soon to be known as the 'flying' biochemist -
20171110_130329-L.jpg

Last edited:
Rachel Senft receives her Private Pilot License
-In the Airplane (RV-12) she helped Build!

That is an accomplishment few on VAF can match!

Congratulations to Rachel and congratulations to the Eagle?s Nest Program!

Hey this is Rachel, thank you to everyone that made me getting my PPL possible. Especially to the Eagle's Nest Program and to my flight instructor Dan Lund. Thank You to the Van's community for all their congratulations.

This is Rachel's Dad. Eagle Nest is an amazing organization. It has provided many opportunities for students to get involved in aviation. I want to thank Ernie, Van's, and all our supporters.

Thanks
Fly safe and Have Fun
Jim

Nicely done

Rachel,
Congrats on this accomplishment and for such a professional response. Seems you?re on a fine path into the future!

You, your dad, Eagle?s Nest and everyone who contributed are inspiring.

Back