What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pattern for Oregon seats

Gizmos

I purchased the foams for my rv9a form Oregon aero . Does any one have patterns for their basic patterns that I can get to sew my own seats? Do they sell patterns? I have the straight back seat foam

Back photo of Oregon seats

Does any one have photos of the back side of the Oregon seats? Velcro location,zippers,etc? Thanks

Get Abby at Flightline to cover them. Well worth the cost. She worked with me to get the Ultraleather that my wife selected and she put in the seat heaters that I had bought. Everything is velcro'ed in and looks great. Those Oregon Aero seats are sure comfortable!

IMG_6261-M.jpg

make your own

I don't believe oregon aero sells patterns. You will have to make your own. Get a 27 x 34 paper pad-mine had 1" graph lines. Trace each side of each cushion and add the appropriate seam allowance. Trace the back and add seam allowance. The front is made in three pieces. Trace each section and add seam allowances.
The zippers are on the bottom and extend about 2" up each side. Get dual separating zippers to help get the cushion in more easily. If your fabric and scrim (material used on the inside of the front facing material) is extremely thick, do not use a computerized machine as it can mess with the alignment.
Kitplanes had an excellent series on upholstering aircraft cushions several years ago. Good luck.

Back