What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vent block off FF-0084 and vetterman exhaust

Gregmarlow

Well Known Member
With the vetterman exhaust, is the vent block off plate on the right side necessary? With one heat muff, I see that it probably should be, but does the vetterman come with 2 heat muffs, each feeding it's own side?

Thanks

Yes it does

Yes, two heat muffs. I added a second flange on the back left baffle with a second scat tube so each heat vent has its own source.

This shows the flange...

6-C6-B5-C00-EF8-E-4-E02-8-A98-D8-DC09-B10708.jpg

6-CC8-B347-8467-49-E5-A46-C-9-E6-B39-C887-F1.jpg

I considered that sourcing air from the aft baffle could introduce ?bad air? into the cabin but I haven?t noticed a difference between the right heat vent and the left except it may be a bit hotter.

I also didn?t use the stock heat valves but used stainless valves.

Yes, two heat muffs. I added a second flange on the back left baffle with a second scat tube so each heat vent has its own source.

This shows the flange...

6-C6-B5-C00-EF8-E-4-E02-8-A98-D8-DC09-B10708.jpg

6-CC8-B347-8467-49-E5-A46-C-9-E6-B39-C887-F1.jpg

I considered that sourcing air from the aft baffle could introduce ?bad air? into the cabin but I haven?t noticed a difference between the right heat vent and the left except it may be a bit hotter.

I also didn?t use the stock heat valves but used stainless valves.

Hi Jeff,

Where did you get the stainless heat valves? Are they completely stainless including the valve flapper? My MDR is requiring the flap to be stainless.

Also Spruce

I sourced the valves from plane innovations but I think they went away, I can?t find them on the internet anymore. Spruce has them though. Search:

HEATER BYPASS VALVE WITH CABIN SIDE CONTROL LEVER FOR RV-7, RV-8 AND RV-9

They will work on the -14.

Back