What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Door weather stripping

russe

The adhesive holding the weather stripping down around the doors on my 10 is failing.

Any recommendations on a sealant to use to hold down the weather stripping?

Also any more general recommendations about door weather stripping would be much appreciated,

Russ

Ive used McMaster weather striping on boat hatches that gave it a NICE finished looks like on automobiles.

Check this page out..... Instead of putting the weather stripping not the door, put it on the cabin EDGE.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#bulb-seals/=14qqtt7

Saw a really nice RV-10 with it this way looked very well finished this way.

The cost...

Those McMaster door seals are awesome but they come at a cost...time. It took a substantial amount of time to get the door to cabin gap correct and then the edge thickness correct. The result, though, was worth the time, at least for me...

The adhesive holding the weather stripping down around the doors on my 10 is failing.

Any recommendations on a sealant to use to hold down the weather stripping?

Also any more general recommendations about door weather stripping would be much appreciated,

Russ

I have the stock seals and used all purpose Goop as my adhesive and that has held up well. You you probably use E6000 too, but really any silicone adhesive should work.

Back