-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 02-13-2021, 08:01 PM

Default SOLD ..RV-7 QB Fuselage (Untouched, as received from Vans)

If you're wanting an RV-7 QB fuselage exactly as it is shipped from Vans, but without the 6+ month wait, I have what you're looking for.

I purchased this kit back when I was making good progress on my empennage and thought I would get it coming so I wouldn't have to wait on it, and then my progress hit a brick wall as we've grown our family from 3 to 6 over the last 3 years. Rather than having it take up space in my shop with no end in sight to my family commitments, I thought I would see if anyone is ready for an RV-7 QB fuselage that is ready to pick up today.

I received this kit from Vans around February of 2019, and it has sat in the back of my climate controlled (air conditioned, low humidity) shop completely untouched since it arrived.

The kit was purchased with the intention of becoming a tail dragger with slider canopy. It was ordered with and comes with the dual brake kit, static air kit, and electric aileron trim kit. I believe you could get this from Van's (with a 5+ month lead time + another month or so if you have Stewart transport ship it with one of their loads) for $13,774 plus I believe I had to pay around $650 for the center spar section that normally comes with the wing kit for a total of roughly $14,424.

I really don't know what these typically go for, but I would like to get $12,500 for it. I guess the way I look at it you could save around $2000 minus shipping costs, and have your quickbuild fuselage as soon as you want it with all of the bags still sealed and not having to figure out what parts the previous owner lost or damaged.

There are more pictures at the link below.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8wMPuqSwEZpBkFcFA

I don’t get on here much but feel free to call or text if you have any questions.

Thanks for looking!

Todd
(309)235-5734
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4044.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	328.8 KB
ID:	8349  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4039.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	348.7 KB
ID:	8350  

Last edited by tswanson : 02-14-2021 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-22-2021, 04:03 PM

Where are you located? Zip code? Interested.
Welder/Fabricator
Squamish BC CYSE
RV-7 Left Elevator in progress
Dues paid
Old 02-22-2021, 06:28 PM

Sold. Thanks for looking.