- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 02-19-2021, 12:51 PM

Default For Sale: RV-10 Emp kit + plane Tools +++

I'm based in South Jordan, Utah & I'm selling a new (unboxed, inventoried, 100% unbuilt) RV-10 Emp kit and the following related items/tools (I can email you pics). Here is what I'm selling:

-- The Emp Kit (all blue protective covering still on except a few tiny areas where there was no way for it not to come off as tape etc was pulled off to unbox and inventory it all

-- The full gold standard RV PlaneTools.com/Isham tool kit (with DDR2 dimpler & their top of the line rivet gun)

-- Two EAA standard rectangular work benches I built (one has wheels that come up or down)

-- One EAA sqauare work bench I built w/wheels (to bolt the grinder, band saw, 1 inch belt sander, and drill press onto)

***Also selling the following BRAND NEW tools:

-- One Husky 30 Gallon 2 stage air compressor

-- The aforementioned bolt-down tools (i.e. dewalt grinder, Rikon 1 inch belt sander, Ryobi drill press, Ryobi band saw)

-- and two more benches a friend built and used when building his RV-10 (one is low & SUPER heavy/sturdy that he used to sit the fuselage on while working on it; the other is a holder for the two RV-10 wings).

Everything listed above is NEW (tools all have the new mfg warranty), never used but I've assembled the belt grinder, drill press, etc etc which will save you that work. Covid killed my business & therefore I have to sell it all. Will not reply to low ball offers - would like to sell all of it to one person, and this setup will save someone a TON of time shopping, building workbenches, figuring out what to buy, etc. There is ZERO damage to all of it - just been sitting in my garage untouched since unboxed & set up to begin working.

To the best of my knowledge, this is what I paid for each item:
$4,425 for Vans Emp kit (was even more w/crating/shipping I think)
$2,520 for planetools tool kit
~$900 for the 4 bolt down tools (approx $250 each belt sander, bench grinder, drill press, band saw)
$500 husky air compressor
$500 in materials alone into the benches not considering my time
Total I spent: $8,945

Open to offers -
Old 02-20-2021, 09:20 AM

Seems like a great way to get started if you want a "one stop shopping" approach to beginning an RV-10, especially if you need the tools, tables, etc. That should save someone a lot of time and/or money.
Old 02-20-2021, 04:50 PM

I may be interested in the tool kit if you decide to sell it separately. PM sent
RV-10 #42334
Tail kit ordered 2/2/21
N927A reserved
VAF dues paid 11/20