What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fitting for Cleveland Brake Bleed Plug/Charging

Tcheairs

Well Known Member
Has anyone devised a fitting which can be screwed into the threaded boss of the brake bleed plug which would accept a supply line line for charging the brake system with fluid bottom up. (lowest point in the system). If so, what kind of pressurized container did you use to supply the brake fluid.

Thanks

This has worked well for my needs with a short section of rubber tubing fitting over the brake bleeder.

Attachments

• 10085k26p1-g02a-digital@1x_637232307501277812.png
    10085k26p1-g02a-digital@1x_637232307501277812.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 116
How did you attach it to the bleeder plug. If I'm not mistaken the plug would have to be removed to have access to the hole at the bottom of the assembly.

I may have misunderstood your question, do you have some other type of bleeder fitting than the one shown below?

Attach the rubber tube to the fitting and turn it a half turn to crack open the port, pump in the fluid, when filled to the proper level tighten the fitting and remove the rubber tube.

About 12" or so of tube allows the fitting to be rotated open and close without removing the tube.

Attachments

• th-1.jpeg
    th-1.jpeg
    6 KB · Views: 112
All I have is a plug with a rubber tip over the end. As far as I know there is no "open and closed" rotation on the plug. This is a Cleveland brake system on an RV 7A. But I'll take a closer look.

All I have is a plug with a rubber tip over the end. As far as I know there is no "open and closed" rotation on the plug. This is a Cleveland brake system on an RV 7A. But I'll take a closer look.

The photo above is what the typical unit looks like, methinks you will find that when you look closer.

Fitting

This fitting along with the Amazon “aircraft brake bleeder” does a great job. Also have used the bottle and hose trick too..

Attachments

• D0673751-674E-482E-B9E6-B54654D6EB70.jpeg
    D0673751-674E-482E-B9E6-B54654D6EB70.jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 108

If you take the rubber plug off, it will look like the previous posted picture. Use a 1/4 inch wrench to loosen the valve to open it up and then tighten to close. Put the rubber cap back on. The rubber cap is to keep debris out

Roll your own pressure bleeder

This fitting along with the Amazon “aircraft brake bleeder” does a great job. Also have used the bottle and hose trick too..

The squeaker bottle/length of hose trick works but when I ran out of fluid in the bottle I had trouble with putting more fluid into it and not getting air in the line. I liked the idea of the bought pressure bleeder but the prebuilt unit seemed a bit costly so I decided to make my own pressure bleeder. The pressure bleeder takes the job and makes it so much less messy and takes about 10 seconds to bleed a side. Buy one or build one, you won’t regret the decision to get one.

Instructions in the link.

https://n7zk.com/build-log/home-brew-pressure-brake-bleeder/

Back