What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oil cooler line routing?

Desert Rat

Well Known Member
Hey all-

I've got the IO390/RV7/Firewall mounted oil cooler combo.

I starting to finalize engine plumbing and control systems and am hoping that somebody can point me in the right direction for how they routed oil cooler lines.

This is the IO390-A3B6 with the oil supply coming off the acc case below the filter and the return above the left Mag. The cooler is mounted to an RV10 plenum on the pilot side firewall.

The return is easy, but for the supply side you have to navigate your way either up, down, or aft to navigate your way around the fuel pump & oil filter and whatnot. I could point this in a million different directions depending on what fittings I use and how I clock them.

I'm sure I can figure out something that will work, but I'm trying to save myself the hassle of experimenting with a bunch of bent wires and trial & error. If someone would care to share what worked for them that would be great.

Pictures or a link to a build log would be awesome!

Terry-- here is the OE routings on the RV10----since you have the 10 cooler set up, and the engine fittings are the same, this should help.

Tom

Attachments

• RV10 oil system.png
    RV10 oil system.png
    625.3 KB · Views: 122
Cool, thanks Tom. I think I'll be reaching out to you in a couple of days for a ship set of fwd hoses once I get everything finalized

Back