What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AEROFLASH POWER SUPPLY REPAIR

A1AVIATON47

Well Known Member
ANYONE HAVE INFO FOR AEROFLASH POWER SUPPLY REPAIR, DOUBLE FLASH
P/N 152-0011 , 12V, THEY HAVE SHUT DOWN, YOU WOULD THINK THEY WOULD BE IN THE GREEN.

P/N 152-0011 , 12V, THEY HAVE SHUT DOWN, YOU WOULD THINK THEY WOULD BE IN THE GREEN.

Considered it, but never figured it out. I have one working unit that I would sell if you can't get it repaired.

Larry

Did this unit sit unused for 6 -12 months? If so then you can probably rejuvenate it yourself. The electrolytic capacitors fail when unused for long time periods. However, they can be fixed by applying progressively higher voltages, starting at 3 volts DC. You can use flash light batteries or build a power supply out of an old computer power supply. See

https://makezine.com/projects/computer-power-supply-to-bench-power-supply-adapter/

Leave the unit on for several hours at 3, 5 & 9 volts before applying 12 volts to the unit.

Charlie

I had a switch failure. I found out that the switch for strobe power supplys is prone to what might be called a "back feed " failure. I may have thought it was a power supply failure but noticed the switch had goten very hot. As the switch failed it also took out the positive wire from the switch to the strobe pack.

Along the other lines... An easy way to fix a supply that has been setting too long is to turn it upside down and apply power: the oil in the capacitors will run back to where it has dried out and it usually will start working.

led's

just need to get the one power supply replaced or working, if building new would go with led's , they are not cheap ,

Back