What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Installation/Wiring

Jimd

Well Known Member
I did a search on CAN Bus and a few other keywords but didn't find a install/wiring thread, but if there is one, please point me that direction. Here is one thread I found, which helps.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=110252

I am working on the wiring portion of my G3X install and would love to see some more examples of the CAN Bus solution people are using. I did see the thread re the can bus and servos and that helped a bit.

I dont have a problem doing the way I have seen, using solder joints and heat shrink, but I sort of expected to see some recommendations that used a connector. It looks like the signal lines are all nice and neat from point to point using robust connectors and then we get to the CAN bus and just slap that together.

Wouldn't it be useful to at least use pins and sockets and then heat shrink them, so future expansion might only require undoing the heat shrink, and inserting a new device?

Sorry for the ramble, and please don't get me wrong, it is just my impression at this point.

I would really like to see some pictures of this part of the panel wiring.

Jim D

Last edited:
Connector Pin Question

I was about to put the sockets on the wires of the config module but they don't look right to me. Remember I only play an avionics technician on TV.

Here is a photo of the pins (sockets). The config module came with five connectors. I think they are special for the smaller wire size on the little plastic plug. But it looks to me like the witness hole is on the wrong end of the pin?:mad: the plain brass colored ones came with the config module. The colored stripe ones came with the backshell kit that came with the 450. If I were to try and flip the pins end for end, the crimp wire size would be too big and the socket would be too small to fit the back of the 450 display. And, the pins would not lock into the connector like they should.

d3201119e8acc9cc70c40a5acb347597_zpsbi8byafh.jpg

I suspect I will use them, but am I looking at this wrong or something? Why does it seem the witness hole is on the wrong end?

Arg...

Jim

Last edited:
Look closer....

I studied this under my lighted mag lamp and there are TWO witness holes on these five connectors! The wire side hole is really small! What is the hole on the socket end that plugs into the display used for?

Jim

Config module

Though I never found anything in the manual the called out those pins specifically, they were used for the config module in my installation, and nothing has smoked yet.

I was about to put the sockets on the wires of the config module but they don't look right to me. Remember I only play an avionics technician on TV.

Here is a photo of the pins (sockets). The config module came with five connectors. I think they are special for the smaller wire size on the little plastic plug. But it looks to me like the witness hole is on the wrong end of the pin?:mad: the plain brass colored ones came with the config module. The colored stripe ones came with the backshell kit that came with the 450. If I were to try and flip the pins end for end, the crimp wire size would be too big and the socket would be too small to fit the back of the 450 display. And, the pins would not lock into the connector like they should.

d3201119e8acc9cc70c40a5acb347597_zpsbi8byafh.jpg

I suspect I will use them, but am I looking at this wrong or something? Why does it seem the witness hole is on the wrong end?

Arg...

Jim

Hello Jim,

As shown on page 1-14 of the G3X Installation Manual (and other places), the 4 wire harness used for the configuration module uses the 336-00022-01 size 20 contact (for use with 28 AWG wire) instead of the 336-00022-02 or 336-00094-00 size contacts used with 22 AWG wire in the other GDU connector pins.

For others reading this, the 336-00022-01 configuration module contacts are the all gold contacts shown in Jim's picture. The wire inserts into the round end with the smaller hole. The other end with the larger hole also has a flat near the end which is where the spring contact lives to make this female pin snug on the male pin in the mating connector.

While we are discussing configuration module wiring, let's talk about the pin positioner used in the Daniels AFM8 crimp tool. The installation manual calls out a Positronic 9502-5 positioner, but you may also use the Daniels K13-1 positioner used with all the other standard density pins if you set the "SEL. NO." to 6 on the crimp tool.

IMG_4680.JPG

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
Work Light

This flex LED clamp on light works so well I had to share. Maybe everybody has already figured this out but I have never used a work light that was this nice. It positions well, has good light output, doesn't get hot, clamps on easily and stays put. Much better than holding a small flashlight in my mouth or getting burned with a standard drop light.

I have four of them around the shop at home, got them at Lowes

d858f0bd6d15ead144bfe26a6ba338f6_zpsmhvfb8gu.jpg

PFD vs MFD.

I am studying figure 2-2 the G3X interconnect drawing. Initially I am installing only one GDU 450. But, I will likely add a second screen in the future and add in the EIS box at that time.

Is my single GDU a PFD or an MFD. Can any GDU 45x be either a PFD or MFD? Or, is there some device or triggering event or something that makes this distinction?

I expect to use the single screen as my flight display, replacing steam flight instruments as well as splitting the screen and showing the moving map.

More...as I sit here I see that since I have the GDL39R that it uses RS232 and that is shown going to the GDU on the example which is named as a MFD.

Here is the page I'm looking at...

fc8f1126207e85f7e63e2df5806d50dd_zps32bbgaht.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Jim,

With your single-display G3X Touch system, you will see flight instruments, engine instruments, and a moving map all one one screen, as per the examples shown in the G3X Touch pilot's guide.

If you study Figure 2-2 in the current G3X installation manual (rev U) you will see that up to four displays are supported in a G3X Touch system, but the MFD1, MFD2, and PFD2 displays are all marked "optional". In other words, in any G3X Touch system, the PFD1 display is always required. In a single-screen G3X Touch system, the one and only display will be PFD1. This is also discussed in section 22.3.6.

You will use the pins on the GDU 45x's P4502 connector to tell your display which role it is to play in your system, as is described in section 22.3.6. For your single-display installation, you will connect pin 10 to ground and leave pin 9 open.

- Matt

Thank You

Matt,

Thanks, that helps clear things up.

So, do I take all the rs232 shown on figure 2-2 u to the PFD1? And when I add a second screen will I need to move those wires/pins from the PFD to the new second display that would be an mfd?

For example, I have the GDL 39R.

Thanks

Hello Jim,

Yes, with only a single display you would of course make all necessary RS-232 connections to that display.

Without knowing exactly which equipment you plan to connect, it's hard to give specific guidance, but in general adding a second display does not require any additional wiring besides power, ground, and CAN. In particular, you would not need to change the wiring for your GDL 39R, as your second display will be able to receive data from it wirelessly via Bluetooth.

- Matt

Future Expansion?

Since I am pretty sure I will be adding a second display and EIS in the next year or less, can I create my CAN bus with the extra segments and pins for the missing components?

Hello Jim,

Yes, as long as you follow the wiring guidance specified in section 2.3.1.3 of the current G3X installation manual (rev U), you should have no problem if you provision for a second GDU 4xx connector for future expansion.

- Matt

Float?

I'm doing the GDL 39R connector and I don't see a floating or grounded symbol on page 23-22?

I would assume this shield floats at the GDL 39R end since the connector hood is just a simple plastic hood.

Is there an avionics rule that says shield like this always get grounded at ONLY one end of the shield?

Thanks for putting up with all my questions guys! I hope someone get to benefit from my thread.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Here's an example of a CANBUS wiring segment that we use on our LSAs. I make up 3 of these 8" Y harnesses per airplane out of 22 gauge shielded wire. Imagine one Y arm as a "trunk" line and the other arm is the portion that extends out to the attaching LRU (screen, servo, etc.) The top termination is the GDU 465. We make a pigtail with the normal pins on one end for the GDU connector and a single Molex on the other end. The Y harness gets plugged into that, with one side serving as the "trunk" and the other serving as the branch that goes off to the next LRU. Another Y gets plugged into the trunk, with its branch going to the next LRU along the line, and so on down the system until we reach the pitch servo, which is the end termination. (Edit: Note that this is a VFR-only production airplane. We've had good success with Molex connectors over the past 15 years, but if you're doing an IFR system, you'd probably want to minimize the number of removable connectors in the data cable.)

The Y harnesses are simple. The Molex pins are big and easily accommodate two wires for the doubled-up end. Crimp the shield to the pin just like the rest of the wires and cover with heat shrink. This should go without saying, but before you get carried away making these things, decide which color is HI, which is LO, and which ends are male or female, and keep it consistent through the whole system! We use white as HI and white/blue as LO throughout the airplane to keep things sane.

BTW, Stein made up our wiring diagram first and it made life much easier!

0525151510.jpg

Last edited:
I doing the GDL 39R connector and I don't see a floating or grounded symbol on page 23-22?

I would assume this shield floats at the GDL 39R end since the connector hood is just a simple plastic hood.

Hello Jim,

The GDL 39R has an insulating plastic enclosure, so there is little benefit in connecting to the shield block at the GDL 39R.

Also, please feel free to use the email address below for detailed support.

- Matt

Thanks

Katie, thanks for the picture! That looks nice, I have not started the CANBUS yet and I'm still trying to decide how I want to do it. Your solution sounds good.

Matt, thanks for the info.

Here's an example of a CANBUS wiring segment that we use on our LSAs. I make up 3 of these 8" Y harnesses per airplane out of 22 gauge shielded wire. Imagine one Y arm as a "trunk" line and the other arm is the portion that extends out to the attaching LRU (screen, servo, etc.) The top termination is the GDU 465. We make a pigtail with the normal pins on one end for the GDU connector and a single Molex on the other end. The Y harness gets plugged into that, with one side serving as the "trunk" and the other serving as the branch that goes off to the next LRU. Another Y gets plugged into the trunk, with its branch going to the next LRU along the line, and so on down the system until we reach the pitch servo, which is the end termination.

The Y harnesses are simple. The Molex pins are big and easily accommodate two wires for the doubled-up end. Crimp the shield to the pin just like the rest of the wires and cover with heat shrink. This should go without saying, but before you get carried away making these things, decide which color is HI, which is LO, and which ends are male or female, and keep it consistent through the whole system! We use white as HI and white/blue as LO throughout the airplane to keep things sane.

BTW, Stein made up our wiring diagram first and it made life much easier!

0525151510.jpg

I can understand how something like the above may be useful from a production standpoint, but from a reliability standpoint you just added 9 extra connections at each LRU, that are of marginal quality, to a critical data bus.

How about using an off the shelf solution like the ESD CAN Bus? It'd need a little modification to adapt to this specific application. But, it would seem to me to be a lot more robust, and definitely a cleaner install than the daisy-chained molex connectors.

https://esd.eu/en/products/can-cable-accessories

Last edited:
GDU 4501/4601 Connector?

Couple questions about the GDU 450/460 and the 9 pin connector P4501.

I sent this question to Stein as well as G3X- there is a CAN BUS connection on both the P4501 and P4502 connectors on the GDU 450/460. (There is also the RS232 backup). Do I use all three of these?

The response from Stein was do NOT use the CAN connection on P4501. I'm okay with that, but did I miss this information earlier in the document or something? Have not heard from G3X on this yet.

And a new question that probably applies to several other devices in the G3X installation. There are two GND connections on P4501. Should both be used? I will not be using a backup power supply initially but plan on it as my phase two install/upgrade. So I will rough in the second power wire to the connector. Are the two grounds isolated and pair with their respective power pins?

EDIT: I think I see now that the pin 6 is the ground for the rs 232 so the ground on pin 9 is the ground for BOTH 12v power, correct?

My plan is to add a second screen, EIS and backup power next year sometime, after I get the first screen installed and use it for a while.

Last edited:
It's in the mail.

Hi Jim,

Please check your email and let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
Steve

CAN BUS

Here is the response from G3X to my question above To keep this thread continuous, so to speak. Jim

Hi Jim,

Good question. Please use the CAN bus on the GDU 4502/4602 50 pin connector to connect these GDUs to the CAN bus.

Please use the RS-232 connection (serial port 6) on the GDU 4501/4601 9 pin connector to connect the backup data bus to the GSU25 and do not connect the CAN bus on this connector.

Thanks,
Steve

Lighting Bus on GDU ?

Does anyone know if I can hook the pin 43 14v lighting bus pin to one of the vans light dimmer outputs? The dimmer puts out 1.5v max at hi setting?

The G3X doc talks about this in section 22.3.9 but I don't understand it.

"The GDU 45X/46X display and keys can be configured to track 28 VDC or 14 VDC lighting busses using these inputs. These inputs are reference voltage inputs (not power inputs) with a high impedance of
~100 kΩ for pin 43 and ~200 kΩ for pin 26. This backlight level reference signal may be supplied with something as simple as a 10K potentiometer connected to power and ground (drawing 1 mA @ 14 VDC). The center tap on this potentiometer is connected to one of the pins (43 or 26) in the following table. For providing this reference signal to more than one device, a commercially available regulated backlight voltage reference is recommended."

Thanks...

Does anyone know if I can hook the pin 43 14v lighting bus pin to one of the vans light dimmer outputs? The dimmer puts out 1.5v max at hi setting?

The G3X doc talks about this in section 22.3.9 but I don't understand it.

"The GDU 45X/46X display and keys can be configured to track 28 VDC or 14 VDC lighting busses using these inputs. These inputs are reference voltage inputs (not power inputs) with a high impedance of
~100 kΩ for pin 43 and ~200 kΩ for pin 26. This backlight level reference signal may be supplied with something as simple as a 10K potentiometer connected to power and ground (drawing 1 mA @ 14 VDC). The center tap on this potentiometer is connected to one of the pins (43 or 26) in the following table. For providing this reference signal to more than one device, a commercially available regulated backlight voltage reference is recommended."

Thanks...
I doubt that it will work correctly since full bright reference is only 1.5 volt. I recently installed the lighting buss wiring on a dual screen G3X touch system to include the autopilot controller and audio panel connected to one 100k pot. As long as you are not wiring the pot to old avionics that have incandescent internal backlighting a single pot should work.

Dimmer works

I doubt that it will work correctly since full bright reference is only 1.5 volt. I recently installed the lighting buss wiring on a dual screen G3X touch system to include the autopilot controller and audio panel connected to one 100k pot. As long as you are not wiring the pot to old avionics that have incandescent internal backlighting a single pot should work.

I have this vans dimmer Part Number = ES DIMMER, LAMP 1.5AA connected to all of my lighted panel items(switches and led strip) and also to the g3x touch. It does work, but I disabled it in the g3x system and just let the g3x's built in photo eye control the screen brightness. It is incredibly adjustable this way, so I prefer it

Lighting

I wondered if the internal light was good enough by itself without using the external pot? Do you have to adjust it for day or night operation or does it do that by itself with the optical sensor?

I wondered if the internal light was good enough by itself without using the external pot? Do you have to adjust it for day or night operation or does it do that by itself with the optical sensor?

If you can think of a way you want it to adjust, I can just about guarantee that it already has the ability. You just need to go into the lighting options and find it. When I first saw all of the adjustable parameters, I was a little overwhelmed. Look at the manuals if you haven't powered up the system yet to see all of the options

I can understand how something like the above may be useful from a production standpoint, but from a reliability standpoint you just added 9 extra connections at each LRU, that are of marginal quality, to a critical data bus.

Our way is just one way to do it. I shared it here to help people visualize how a wiring harness can be structured.

I suppose I should've said that these are VFR-only airplanes, so there's really nothing "critical" to flight safety. Single-screen with ADAHRS, engine analyzer, radio, servos. (Transponder isn't on the CANBUS.) If it was an IFR system, yes, it would be better to minimize the number of connectors. But ease of production and future maintenance are also important in our case.

Progress (slow)...

I spent several hours this weekend pouring over the G3X document and making notes and redrawing some of the information so that I might follow along a little easier.

So back at the hanger today, with the stripper and crimper in hand! :)

Here is the beginning of my 3' bundle from the GSU25 to the GDU450.

From what I understand, the only wires/pins on the 9 pin connector P4501 are for the data path backup. I guess the power on that connector is for output to the GSU25 IF you mount it to the back of the GDU.

I didn't catch the fact that those were power OUT on the P4501. Did I miss that someplace?

0814f3ccf263d4e4b63d0676a51fee96_zpsfyy6yvus.jpg

Connectors?

FYI I just learned today (I not complaining) that since the 9 pin connector on the GDU 450 is optional (used as a backup data path between the display and the ADAHRS that a connector and the rest of the stuff for that connector is NOT included in the connector kit for the GDU 450. I still don't see how or where I can deduce that in the manual but on with the wiring...

I thought I was going nuts, misplaced it or knocked it off my work table or the dog grabbed it or I don't know what... Wasted several hours looking for it...

G3X / 450/460 and Vizion

Is there a thread here that shows the pin connections between a G3X and the Vizion autopilot? I thought I saw something but of course now that I'm ready for it I can't find it. I have the Vizion , the g3X and the 429 ARINC converter. I have the Vizion install document, but it must be an older version as there is no reference to the 450, just the 37 series. Wasn't sure if there might be something that goes from the AP to the GSU 25?

Thanks

Vizion 385?

Ray,

Thanks, I did check the site and didn't find enough to be comfortable with the changes I think I need to make.

Hopefully with help from the G3X guys and TruTrak I will be able to get everything talking.

My question do I STOP using the 430 for serial and ARINC data since I am installing the G3X with the GAD 29 ARINC and have the Vizion 385. And, do I pair up the pins 14 and 15 from the 385 to both the GAD 29 and the GSU 25?

The vizion document that I have doesn't mention the GSU25 or the GDU 450? It does refer to the GDU 37X and GSU 73, but I hate making assumptions like this even though I can probably find the similar ARINC A and B and serial pins on the 450 and GSU 25.

Thanks

Interfacing Vizion 385 to G3X Touch System

Ray,

Thanks, I did check the site and didn't find enough to be comfortable with the changes I think I need to make.

Hopefully with help from the G3X guys and TruTrak I will be able to get everything talking.

My question do I STOP using the 430 for serial and ARINC data since I am installing the G3X with the GAD 29 ARINC and have the Vizion 385. And, do I pair up the pins 14 and 15 from the 385 to both the GAD 29 and the GSU 25?

The vizion document that I have doesn't mention the GSU25 or the GDU 450? It does refer to the GDU 37X and GSU 73, but I hate making assumptions like this even though I can probably find the similar ARINC A and B and serial pins on the 450 and GSU 25.

Thanks

Hello Jim,

We think you are covered very well with the existing documentation. According to the Vizion 385 installation manual, it requires a single RS-232 interface (to a G3X/G3X Touch display) and a single A429 interface to the GAD 29 just like the GX Pilot.

Page 23-19 of the Rev. U G3X Installation shows these two connections for a Trutrak GX Pilot connected to a G3X display and the GAD 29.

Page 14 of the Rev. A Vizion 385 installation manual discusses both GSU73 and GAD29 interfacing for a G3X system installation and confirms that the Vizion 385 uses the same pin numbers as the GX Pilot.

Simply put, follow the wiring guidance for a GX Pilot on page 23-19 of the G3X Installation Manual and you should be set.

Andrew or Lucas can help us out if we made any mistakes here.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
Thank You!

Steve,

Thanks for the timely support, that helps.

And, I don't mind "simple" :)

Last edited:
Serial Data ?

Ok,

I have already put the GDL 39R serial pins/wires into pin 47/48 on the P4502 serial 1. So, can I use the next available serial pair on the 4502? Does it make any difference, should I move the GDL to the next pair and put the autopilot on number one pins 47,48? Will this choice become a bit of required info when it comes time to configure everything once I power it up?

There is nothing quite as satisfying as the click of a pin going into the socket of a wiring connector, until you realize it was the wrong hole! :)

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello Jim,

You may use any of the five available RS-232 ports on the main connector of your GDU 450 display for connection to a third-party autopilot.

Yes, in order to properly configure your system, you will need to know which RS-232 and ARINC 429 ports are connected to which devices.

- Matt

Last edited:
Getting there!

I got the autopilot connector all finished up today. I transferred my solder connected wires to a new crimp connector. I should be able to put the GNS 430 P4001 connector back together tomorrow and start putting things back into the panel! :)

Question- is a 32 gig SD card TOO big for the G3X? Do you need a SD card for each GDU?

Hope maybe to get the power on by the end of the week!

Stay tuned for a flurry of questions, especially when it comes to configuration .

Jim

Vizion Level Button?

Does anyone know the specs of the Vizion autopilot level button?

Is it momentary, normally open? Are they back lighted and square like they old AlTrak altitude hold button?

When TruTrak shipped my upgraded unit they didn't have the button in stock at the time. They were going to send me one when they came in, but I have never gotten one.

Jim

Question- is a 32 gig SD card TOO big for the G3X? Do you need a SD card for each GDU?

Jim

Jim, the manual calls out for an 8GB data card, which has been plenty thus far in my application. I just do what the Garmin book tells me.

As for configuration, it really is all in the book. Grab an iPad or a laptop with the search function up and go to town.

Thanks

Pahan,

Thanks for the link. I had seen your post and it was a helpful, I referred to it several times. I did decide to use the molex three conductor solution and am very happy I did it that way. I put a short pigtail with connector on my 429 and gsu25. I made a bus cable with connectors for those as well as a future second display screen. With a retrofit install like mine I could not see how wiring the can into the connectors wasn't going to make running wire and managing stuff even more of a headache than it was?

08b2d35752fe56e85bda51c766492434_zpsfxjfetju.jpg

If I were going to do this again, I would completely cut out the old panel, including the radio stack and created a new panel on the bench. It was a colossal pain in the you know what to tie into EVERYTHING that is involved. Ignore my "typo" in the photo.

Last edited:
Config and ops questions

Does anyone know if the knobs on the GDU 4xx can be configured as heading/alt on the right and baro on the left? The default was heading/alt on the the left. I fly with my left hand on the stick and that is where my push to talk switch is. It seems knunky to reach across in front of my view to adjust the heading and alt bugs and I don't like to take my hand off the stick while in the air or on the ground.

I found a thread somewhere here that referred to the altitude select function and I have misplaced it. Can anyone tell me the button pushes and knob turning to select a preselect altitude and how to initiate the climb to and level off at the selected altitude. What I am looking for here is what I might read in a quick ref card you might find for review of this operation. I have read the g3x pilot guide and it isn't clear to me.

My hardware is the g3x with GDU 450 and Vizion AP.

Thanks for link to threads or direct info.

Jim

Troubleshooting...

Here is another question/problem I'm having.

When I configure the rs232 port one to work with the gdl39R my CDI indication on the EFIS HSI stops working. It will display GPS even if I press CDI on the GNS 430. The 430 switches between GPS and VLOC as it should but no change on the EFIS.

The WX and traffic function fine in the configuration.

If I change the rs232 from garmin instrument data to aviation, then the HSI on the EFIS works correctly.

The trouble also extends to the autopilot soft keys on the EFIS. While the GDL is configured to work, the nav and apr mode soft keys are grey and not selectable.

Jim

Here is another question/problem I'm having.

When I configure the rs232 port one to work with the gdl39R my CDI indication on the EFIS HSI stops working. It will display GPS even if I press CDI on the GNS 430. The 430 switches between GPS and VLOC as it should but no change on the EFIS.

The WX and traffic function fine in the configuration.

If I change the rs232 from garmin instrument data to aviation, then the HSI on the EFIS works correctly.

The trouble also extends to the autopilot soft keys on the EFIS. While the GDL is configured to work, the nav and apr mode soft keys are grey and not selectable.

Jim

Hello Jim,

It is very important that you know what is connected to each display RS-232 serial port and only select the correct format for that device. There isn't much value in just changing serial port configurations to see what happens.

You mention using "Garmin Instrument Data" above, but unless you are connecting a serial port to a GMC 305/307 or GSU 25, you will not be using this format.

Here is a partial list of devices and the RS-232 serial port format that is used for each:

GDL 39/39R: "Garmin Data Transfer"
GNS/GTN: "MapMX"
GMC 305/307: "Garmin Instrument Data"
GSU 25: "Garmin Instrument Data"
SL 30/GNC 255: "Garmin VHF Nav/Comm"
Vizion or GX Pilot Autopilot: "Integrated Autopilot"

Since you are using an RS-232 link to the GDL 39R, make sure and don't also use a Bluetooth link to the same display.

One more thing to check. If you are using a third party autopilot such as this, make sure that the LRU Configuration setup page indicates that you have NO servos since this page is referring to Garmin servos as indicated in the installation manual.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Steve

Does anyone know if the knobs on the GDU 4xx can be configured as heading/alt on the right and baro on the left? The default was heading/alt on the the left. I fly with my left hand on the stick and that is where my push to talk switch is.

Hello Jim,

Yes, you may reverse the split-screen layout of the 10.6" GDU 46x display by using the "PFD Split Screen Site" item on the Display Setup page.

- Matt

7" GDU 450?

Matt,

I have a GDU 450. Does it work differently than the 460 or when it is the only display AND the EIS is in the system?

I can get baro on the right and HDG/alt on the left or

HDG/alt on BOTH left and right. But it seems like maybe once I added the EIS to the system I have not been able to get HDG/alt on the right and baron the left.

Jim

Matt,

I have a GDU 450. Does it work differently than the 460 or when it is the only display AND the EIS is in the system?

I can get baro on the right and HDG/alt on the left or

HDG/alt on BOTH left and right. But it seems like maybe once I added the EIS to the system I have not been able to get HDG/alt on the right and baron the left.

Jim

Hello Jim,

Yes, you may invert the layout of the 7" GDU 45x display in a similar manner. For a single-display GDU 45x based system with engine monitoring, you would use the "PFD EIS screen side" option. We are confident that you will be able to achieve the control layout you desire with some brief experimenting with the Display Setup and PFD Setup pages.

- Matt

Back