What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

When Does Rotax Warranty Begin?

rv12iS-builder

Well Known Member
Friend
When does the Rotax warranty clock start ticking—when you receive the engine from Van’s or upon first engine start?

If you receive the engine sooner than you need it, do they give you a certain amount of time to get the plane ready for first engine start before the warranty begins?

Thanks,

I asked Vans and Rotax this question and both said the warranty begins when you receive it. I placed my engine order in December when Van's said my fuselage would ship at the end of January. Now I have no idea when I will receive it. So I will end up with a motor sitting in my garage with the warranty time clock ticking away. I'm sure there will be a lot of builders in the same boat. I think Van's/Rotax should extend our warranty in these situations.

Warrantees

I agree 100 percent. We (builders) are faced with trying to schedule orders around expected delivery dates of kits and completion times. Unfortunately, in the current environment, that is almost an impossible task. Delivery dates keep being extended with no guarantee the extended dates will be met. Power plant and avionics kits both have vendor supplied warrantees that begin upon shipping, as I understand it. Builders can burn up significant chunks (if not all) of their warranty periods with the kits sitting on the shelf. It would be nice if Van's could work something out with their vendors to help mitigate this risk!

Back