What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Used Seats for RV-9

Eagle48

I'm New Here
A friend (really, not me: I have a flying RV-8A) is building an RV-9A on a very tight budget. He is nearing completion and is looking for a "less expensive" option for the seat cushions. Do anyone know where one my find used seats for his aircraft. Color does not matter. I am sure there are places where one can find parts from salvage aircraft or seats from someone who upgraded, but I have had no luck on web searches. Thanks.

used seats

I may have an extra set for a -6A in our hangar.

Last edited:
A friend (really, not me: I have a flying RV-8A) is building an RV-9A on a very tight budget. He is nearing completion and is looking for a "less expensive" option for the seat cushions. Do anyone know where one my find used seats for his aircraft. Color does not matter. I am sure there are places where one can find parts from salvage aircraft or seats from someone who upgraded, but I have had no luck on web searches. Thanks.

I have seat cushions and backs that I just I just removed from my 9A available, Please provide me your e-mail and I will send pictures.

Thanks so very much for the responses. Please email me any info you have on these to [email protected]. I will pass on the info to my friend. I know there is a Private Messages option, but I am relatively new to the forum and will have to figure out how that works. If that is your preferred method of information exchange, let me know and I will utilize that option. Thanks again, Tom

Friend found and purchased 9A Seats

To All: My friend has made a deal and got the seats he needs for his RV-9A. Thanks to all who responded.

Tom

Another option - though not necessary in the OP's case now - is to use automotive seats.

I use a pair from a Suzuki Swift Sport. They were cheap ($300AUD for the pair), lightweight when you remove the steel frame, slide over the Vans seat back almost perfectly, and are surprisingly comfortable. I did a brief writeup on them HERE.

Shown during the "will they fit" stage.
34243805791_6f3153e6fc_c.jpg

Back