What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pink Slip (sort of)

rleffler

Well Known Member
John Welsh, of the CMH FSDO, office stopped by the hanger today to inspect N410BL. Two hours later I had both the Airworthiness certificate and my temporary Repairman's certificate.

FP16072013A00008.jpg

I asked John why my ?pink? slip was salmon. He didn?t have an answer.

I would like to thank my family, Janice, Brad, and Renee for all their work on the project. Now the fun can begin! I also want to thank Geoff Combs, Jim Baldwin, Joe Strausbaugh, Tom Webster Sr., Dana Saucier, Todd Stanton, and Brent Owens for all their assistance, mentoring, and friendship throughout the build.

First off; FAA does not answer "why" questions.

Second; Most people know that over time the "pink" airworthiness certificates become faded.
The new ones come "pre-faded"!

Congratulations!!

Bob, yet again a big congrats on the latest milestone.

One more to go:D:D

Congrats!

Look forward to following your progress through phase 1 and seeing the grin.

==dave==

nice work!

Bob,

Congrats! I'm excited to see your "done" (ha ha are we ever). Some century I hope to have a similar photo to post. Hopefully before the kids are old enough to pick out my retirement home.

Congrats Bob! You are in for the best of times. ;)

Personally, i much prefer wild salmon, which is finally in season again! Perfect timing!

Bob--- many of us that have followed your build progress, some of us fortunate enough to have been a small part of your success--We are all proud of you for the accomplishment!! Now----enjoy the fruits of your hard work. WE want video!!
Tom

Wouldn't matter if it was Goth purple.........

Nice work Bob. Thanks for all your advice and comments over the years.

As a kid I always seemed to be happy with the box with only 8 crayons. Salmon? Pink? It makes no difference to me...:D

Congratulations Bob. Have been following your build for a long time, been fun to watch it progress. Hope to be in the same spot in about a month or so.

Now go out and fly that thing.

Brian

Cheers!

Outstanding, Bob! I know you've been working for this day for a long time, in spite of lots of interruptions. You are a great example of the persistence required to finish. Can't wait to see first flight report.

Congrats Bob. Seems like just yesterday we were attending the AeroElectric class at Columbus. Now if I could only get my 9A done and signed off.

Back