What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paint protection options

Av8rRob

Well Known Member
Im happy to report that I got my plane out of the paint shop. Curious what people think of some of the new paint protection options such as wrapping the leading edges with film or ceramic coating? Any experience with these options?

Thanks

Attachments

• BAAE69A0-88CB-4E20-AEBC-829E93636DE9.jpg
    BAAE69A0-88CB-4E20-AEBC-829E93636DE9.jpg
    490.5 KB · Views: 261
  • 3C9A2408-886C-4323-BF2B-EA1360B66137.jpg
    3C9A2408-886C-4323-BF2B-EA1360B66137.jpg
    499.5 KB · Views: 179
Im happy to report that I got my plane out of the paint shop. Curious what people think of some of the new paint protection options such as wrapping the leading edges with film or ceramic coating? Any experience with these options?

Thanks

I have no experience on this yet. I am scheduled to have ceramic coating done in mid April. If you like to keep you paint looking good and easier to maintain, sounds like the way to go.

Max

i used ceramic coating and the finish is super smooth glossy, too early to tell if it will be durable and have added any protection factor, but initial impressions are it's worth doing just for the super shiny smooth finish.

Hope this helps

Ceramic

Haven’t tried it on aircraft yet but have on high end cars. Look up Fynlab heal light. It’s a self healing coating. I would not have believed how well this stuff works without actually seeing it. Met the chemist that invented it and he said he could apply his coating on top of a base coat if I was willing. Not so sure about being the first in line to try this out but he claims his coating is more durable than the clear coat used on vehicles. :rolleyes:

Your problem with Fynlab is that you need to be a certified installer to get your hands on it.

Look up some YouTube videos on heal light from them, good stuf.

On the cars and boat I use 303 products graphene spray. A little harder to apply than wax, but it lasts a solid year

John’s 360 coatings

Try John’s 360 coatings. He’s an airplane guy and his ceramic coatings
have good reviews.

Back