What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GMU 22/ GTP 59

mc607

Well Known Member
I’m planning to put the GMU 22 in the left wing oem inboard location. There is a prepunched hole in the left inboard wing skin, next to the inspection cover, that is for the OAT probe. Has anyone had the GTP 59 probe cause EMI, being that close to the GMU 22?

Thanks Chris. Do you have the G3X and if so did you mount ADAHRS to back of GDU? I’ve spoken with Stein Air and Garmin. Stein says should be ok and Garmin said the issues they’ve seen are related to panel flexing. I plan on using thicker material and stiffeners on my panel to prevent that, even if I don’t mount ADAHRS to back of GDU. Nothing good can come from a panel that moves.

I have the G3X and the ADAHRS is on the back of the PFD screen, never an issue or error or problem. I know the East Coast demo plane for Vans has it mounted this way. My guess is that some other planes have panels that flex and can cause problems but no complaints that I have heard on a 14.

Thanks for the quick reply Chris. Glad to hear it’s been trouble free. Getting close to finishing left wing. Wouldn’t mind your feed back on my pitot/AOA mount. Mount is in approx. OEM location. I’ve twisted the power lines and plan on running them as far aft as possible in the aft most rib setup hole. I enlarged them slightly as per Van’s.
I plan on going through the lightening hole at the I/B flap bracket and then back to the set up holes.

Attachments

• 748DDC65-C54F-496B-B6FE-EE187BED116B.jpg
    748DDC65-C54F-496B-B6FE-EE187BED116B.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 337
Haven’t quite figured out how to put more than one picture in a post...or rotate em

Attachments

• 9E9F4AE8-D504-4D6B-AD42-0295616816A2.jpg
    9E9F4AE8-D504-4D6B-AD42-0295616816A2.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 275
I have the GMU 22 and GTP 59 at these locations and haven't had any problems. I also have the ADHRS mounted to the back of my pilot side G3X and no problems there either.

Back