What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SDS superb customer service

CDN

Well Known Member
While on a trip around the northwest states last month I experienced an electrical system event that I suspect caused an issue with my SDS CPI controller. Ross was very helpful even over a weekend to help me troubleshoot the problem. He then provided 3 main components of the system for free with the promise that I would return the parts I didn’t need along with the failed part. The system was long off warranty since it is one of the first CPI 6 cylinder units he sold back in early 2016 and it has well over 700 trouble free hours. He insisted on providing the part under warranty and he wanted the dead part back for autopsy since this was the first control box failure they’ve had.

I think this was caused by my ammeter shunt coming detached from its plastic mount and shorting on something. It triggered all kinds of weird electrical faults so it was not the fault of SDS parts.

If I was to install another EI or decide to upgrade to full EFI I would certainly be going back to SDS. I couldn’t be happier with the customer service and the product.

Last edited:
Back