What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

UMA Mechanical Fuel Pressure Gage Install

VF84Sluggo

Well Known Member
I'm installing a new fuel pressure gage. Is some type of sealant/thread locker called for on the fuel line that threads into the back of the instrument?

Seems like just screwing in the fuel pressure input line into the back of the instrument without securing it some way is asking for vibrations to maybe cause loosening over time, and leaking fuel into the cockpit behind the instrument panel.

I really don't like messing with fuel lines, and I've never done this job before. Looks like a simple (ha ha) remove-and-replace, but the fuel line input is a thinker for me. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

RC

The installation diagram I see shows 1/8 NPT, so the fitting will require sealant on the threads, and must be correctly torqued. After that, they don’t lose tightness.

The installation diagram I see shows 1/8 NPT, so the fitting will require sealant on the threads, and must be correctly torqued. After that, they don’t lose tightness.
Ok good. Thanks. I can't find any installation instructions.

Now, that leads to two questions: what sealant (EZ Lube, Loctite 567, that Ace Hardware stuff)? what torque?

This is my gauge. Maybe I don't understand NPT numbers, but the holes look bigger than 1/8, not that that matters per se. Sealant and torque is the main thing.

Attachments

• IMG_6190.JPG
    IMG_6190.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_6191.JPG
    IMG_6191.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_6192.JPG
    IMG_6192.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_6193.JPG
    IMG_6193.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 134
This is my gauge. Maybe I don't understand NPT numbers, but the holes look bigger than 1/8, not that that matters per se. Sealant and torque is the main thing.

NPT threads are based on the ID of the line. A 1/8" NPT OD is approximately 3/8" Dia.

Back