What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 3 axis drawing in Vector format

ttowndave

I'm New Here
I have just started an RV-8 project with a friend and would like to play with ideas for paint schemes on Adobe Illustrator. I know we are years away from painting, but I can't help but playing with ideas when I am not in the hangar. Does anyone have a vector drawing of the RV-8 3 axis view that I could use as a template in Illustrator? Thanks. DH

Thanks to you both. Adam, hate for you to have to draw it. I could do that as well. Was hoping to save the work. However, if you enjoy it, well, I do too.
Bob, I will look at that other program when I get a moment.
Again, thanks to you both. I am excited about building my/our first airplane.
Cheers,
DH

Is this the sort of thing you are looking for?

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ninelima/rv8a/

A 3D CAD model of the RV8A to test out panel layouts and paint schemes.

RV-8-outline.JPG

Last edited:
Old thread I know. But wondering if anyone did find a vector image of a RV to use? would like to be able to scale it with out loosing quality.

Or if someone has a high res image of a RV7A or 6A blank canvas? Something good for doing paint designs on. Didn't find anything on vans site.

Old thread I know. But wondering if anyone did find a vector image of a RV to use? would like to be able to scale it with out loosing quality.
www.vansaircraft.com -> Support -> Downloads -> "3-View All RV's"

That has a .dxf file in it, and Illustrator can read .dxf files.

If you don't have Illustrator, you could try the free program Inkscape (www.inkscape.org). It's got quite a bit of Illustrator's functionality at a much more attractive price point. :)

Last edited:
Back